AdamWathan's Reaper Customizations for Pro Tools Users

If someone is willing to work with me for 10 minutes to build a portable custom install for Windows, PM me! It'll take 2 seconds really, just need to match my preferences, install to a "portable drive" (in this case a new folder on your hard drive) and then zip that new folder.

I'll do it. Just wish I didn't have to watch your vids over and over again to see what settings I should change etc.

trying to get my hands on this!

I gave it a quick test and Adam should be uploading it soon. If there's any probs with it, just let me know and I'll look into it.

I am just a bit worried that this may be against the Reaper EULA ie. redistributing Reaper with the customizations as opposed to distributing just the customizations. If this proves to be the case, I'll prob throw together an install that will modify your Reaper installation (a selectable installation, for those that have more than one) with Adam's customizations.

I gave it a quick test and Adam should be uploading it soon. If there's any probs with it, just let me know and I'll look into it.

I am just a bit worried that this may be against the Reaper EULA ie. redistributing Reaper with the customizations as opposed to distributing just the customizations. If this proves to be the case, I'll prob throw together an install that will modify your Reaper installation (a selectable installation, for those that have more than one) with Adam's customizations.

Yeah I considered this as well... It's an easy solution if it's a big deal though. I can just remove Reaper.app/.exe from the zip and the end user can copy the application into the folder and run it from there themselves.

Yeah I considered this as well... It's an easy solution if it's a big deal though. I can just remove Reaper.app/.exe from the zip and the end user can copy the application into the folder and run it from there themselves.

True, I suppose it just really depends on the reach of their EULA, ie. does it just extend to the .app/.exe or does it also extend to the .dll files etc.?
It may also be complicated by the SWS Extension's EULA as those extensions are pre-installed. If they complain, it can be fixed for sure, just be careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot Adam.

Someone's gotta design a kickass Reatools splash screen! :)

Do all the customizations stay in place when you do the updates? Sorry for my ignorance.

Great work guys. Only thing i added to the zip was putting my plugins in there so i dont have to install them all on a fresh install. Now i unzip it and its ready to go.

Adam, your drum to midi conversion vid is coming up with the 404 error. Could be on my end but the others are working fine.

I'd like to say thanks for all the work you've put into this, very awesome!

Just a note about the Drum To Midi stuff that I should have mentioned in the video. You can correct any splits that are in the wrong place by using the dual trim function in Reaper. So if you see it split in the wrong place (like too early for example) you can just click and drag the split point to move it to the transient manually. Also, when you're done, you can of course go back and heal the drum part back into one region and get rid of all those splits.

Tons of room for manual correction in Reaper with this stuff, it's really handy to not have to worry about totally relying on something automatic.