Add your Master of Illusion reviews here

Metal Hammer Germany 3/7

POWER QUEST

Master Of Illusion

Melodic Metal 3

Napalm/SPV (10 Songs / 50:02. Min.)

VÖ: 25.4.

Bei dieser Band weiß man bereits die wichtigsten Eckdaten, noch bevor man das dazugehörige Presseinfo gelesen hat. Erstens: Die Tasten-Soli und Synthie-Hooks sind dermaßen dominant, dass der Gründer garantiert ein Keyboarder ist. Zweitens: Die Truppe muss irgendwie aus dem Umfeld von Dragonforce stammen, denn nur hier findet man vergleichbar brave Dur-Singalongs im Hochgeschwindigkeitsgehoppel. Ein argwöhnischer Blick auf den „Waschzettel“ verrät, dass Power Quest tatsächlich von den ehemaligen Dragonforce-Mitgliedern Steve Williams (Keyboards) und Steve Scott (Bass) formiert wurde. Und noch ein Klischee findet hier seine Bestätigung: Die drei übrigen Band-Mitglieder stammen aus Italien – so erklärt sich dann auch das lustige Saitengewichse von Gitarrist Andrea Martongelli im Stile von Rhapsody On Fire. Sorry, aber in dieser hohen Konzentration verklebt das honigsüße Melodic Metal-Gerödel dermaßen schnell die Gehörgänge, dass man spätestens nach dem vierten Track händeringend den erlösenden Ausschalter am CD-Player sucht. Metal mit Tiefgang klingt anders.

Matthias Mineur

RockHard Germany 5,5/10
POWER QUEST
Master Of Illusion
Napalm/SPV (50:02)
VÖ: 25.04.
Die bisherigen Kritiken des musikalischen Schaffens von POWER QUEST im Rock Hard hätten unterschiedlicher nicht ausfallen können. Stefan Glas zückte für „Neverworld“ 2003 berauschte neun Zähler; zwei Jahre später konnte sich Bandschlächter Trojan bei „Magic Never Dies“ nur zu zwei Gummipunkten durchringen. „Master Of Illusion“ bietet jetzt also einen guten Anlass für den etwas objektiveren Blick auf das italienisch-englische Power-Metal-Quintett, dessen Gründungsmitglieder 2001 noch bei Dragonforce aktiv waren. Klar ist jedoch: Für den Aufstieg in die erste Power-Metal-Liga wird auch „Master Of Illusion“ nicht genügen, denn dafür sind die Melodien nicht zwingend und die Songs nicht eigenständig genug (Stratovarius, Angra, Freedom Call, Dragonforce oder Masterplan lassen grüßen). Handwerklich ist das Ganze sicherlich gut gemacht, aber ein wirklich mitreißendes Album hört sich definitiv anders an.
Mike Borrink

And here comes the translation of this awesome review. Finally some Germans with good taste ;-))

Once I saw the bands name, their style of Power Metal was clear already. But what I clearly not expected was an album, which could actually break out of the usual anticipated Power Metal. And this was not achieved by accident, given band member Steve Williams and Steve Scott once been part of the ultimate Power Metal band Dragonforce. But what they managed now, is actually better than their origin band.

Whilst I put “Master of Illusion” in my CD player that Sunday morning, after the bothersome summer clock change, my jaw was still open from yawning and as soon as I heard the first beat the jaw stayed dropped. Power Quest don’t waste any time with Intro stuff and deliver a high quality Power Metal attack right away. The song is called “Cemetery Gates” and proves that power metal does not have to sound common at all. And the album just keeps going like this: “Human Machine”, “Kings of Eternity” and “The Vigil” – all of them are highly sophisticated songs with strong melodies, sing along choruses, virtuosic guitars and up-tempo rhythm, but without sounding the same. Also both power ballads “Save the World” and “Hearts and Voices” are really good, although vocalist Alessio Garavello hits some very high notes in the latter.
Overall the singer is brilliant and absolutely manages the span between the moderate and the high vocals. Technically everything is high class anyway and the British-Italian 5 piece does really know how to write songs. There is nothing to complain about the production either, so we might as well have the Power Metal highlight of the year in front of us.

I can only advise every fan of this style to listen to the samples. Unfortunately there is only one new track on their myspace page. Unless you trust my judgement and order your copy right away.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Ye yeeeeeah!!!

I think this is one of the first time I've posted on this forum!! :)
I'm Alessio!

Very happy to read different points of view on our work!!
I think that the album give the idea of how the band is a bunch of friends unite and that wanna rock toghether! That's the main thing to me!!

Hope that everyone out there can feel the energy we've used to record this album!!!

Thx to everyone is reading our forum!! YOU ROCK GUYS!!! :worship:

Al ^_^