Add your Master of Illusion reviews here

Issue 98, with David Coverdale on the front. PQ album is one of the featured ones with a full band pic. About 1/2 page at least :)

In the shops anytime now I think. (I get mine early 'cos I'm the webmaster).

This is my first post, and I just wanted to say how absolutely, breath taking-ly, superbly AMAZING PowerQuest is. You guys are brilliant, I really admire you and your band. I'm just waiting for Master of Illusion to come out in the UK :D But I've heard most of the songs, and I've fallen in love with them all! Cemetery Gates is my favorite, I'm just trying to find the lyrics so I can sing along :D

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 out of 10!:p

From Rosemary, the crazy 14 year old.

Hey Rosemary! Great to have you with us...hope you'll stay for awhile!

Of course! You, DragonForce and HammerFall are the greatest bands in the world! (Can't pick a favorite, however you'd probably be way up top :D) I can't stand the crap my friends listen to, Ew! :) I think I can speak for us all when I say your music is awesome :D

AMAZING!
AMAZING!
AMAZING! :worship:

I'm sorry to say that the Norwegian Scream magazine didn't like the album. Giving it a 2/6.
I have made a translation of the review and feel free to delete it if you want.

And i have to excuse my translation, in case there are some things that don't make sense.

"I have to admit i haven’t heard a complete album from this british / italian band since the debut in 2002, but it don’t take many seconds to realize that it more or less has gone down the drain With this bunch of guys.
Not that the debut was fantastic good, because it wasn’t, but i could not believe that the band could release such a misrable album as “Master Of Illusion” six years later.
Of course i have heard band play their instruments in a less convincing way, but it’s rare to hear a product as annoying well calculated as this.
The sound is slippery as soap and sex less, the melodies are simple and on the edge of being parodic and Steve Williams’ synths more or less pushes the gitars over the side line. This being called power metal says the most of how wrong the term is used this days.
It’s not much positive things to say about this album, the song material is poor. I don’t know if i world recommend this to people who like fast melodic rock With lot’s of keyboards to be honest."

Leif Kringen / Scream magazine

I'm looking forward to the album anyway:)

I'm sorry to say that the Norwegian Scream magazine didn't like the album. Giving it a 2/6.
I have made a translation of the review and feel free to delete it if you want.

And i have to excuse my translation, in case there are some things that don't make sense.

"I have to admit i haven’t heard a complete album from this british / italian band since the debut in 2002, but it don’t take many seconds to realize that it more or less has gone down the drain With this bunch of guys.
Not that the debut was fantastic good, because it wasn’t, but i could not believe that the band could release such a misrable album as “Master Of Illusion” six years later.
Of course i have heard band play their instruments in a less convincing way, but it’s rare to hear a product as annoying well calculated as this.
The sound is slippery as soap and sex less, the melodies are simple and on the edge of being parodic and Steve Williams’ synths more or less pushes the gitars over the side line. This being called power metal says the most of how wrong the term is used this days.
It’s not much positive things to say about this album, the song material is poor. I don’t know if i world recommend this to people who like fast melodic rock With lot’s of keyboards to be honest."

Leif Kringen / Scream magazine

I'm looking forward to the album anyway:)

haha! I can see the funny side dude! lol! I have no problem at all with constructive criticism....don't see much of that there though! lol!

Power Quest - Master Of Illusion
A Southampton based power metal quintet, Power Quest were formed back in 2001 by keyboard player Steve Williams following his departure from Dragonheart. Pulling in members from the likes of Shadow Keep and D.R.S., Power Quest took on a more international flavour when former Arthemis vocalist Alessio Garavello joined the ranks in April 2002, just in time to add vocals to debut release 'Wings Of Forever'. Although it had its moments, 'Wings Of Forever' was largely forgettable when compared to some of the more illustrious releases emanating from Europe and North America at the time, and it was only with 2004's sophomore effort 'Neverworld' that Power Quest began to look intriguing. Eschewing the no compromise full throttle approach, their songwriting began to embrace an ever increasing range of different moods and tempo's, adding a hitherto missing dynamic to their repertoire. Since then they've gotten better and better, stronger hooks and melodies also beginning to feature more prominently. 'Master Of Illusion' is their fourth release, and comes about three years after their last album 'Magic Never Dies'. Employing pretty much the same formula as last time - plenty of spiralling guitar and keyboard breaks, robust melodies, and a good mix of tempo's - Power Quest have refined their approach yet further, all of which adds up to their most complete set of songs thus far. From the clipped staccato of opener 'Cemetery Gates' (the keys really remind me of 'Dreamspace' era Stratovarius), through slightly more ethereal tracks like 'Civilised?' or 'Master Of Illusion', to the constantly shifting collage of emotions that is 'I Don't Believe In Friends Forever', Power Quest prove they now have the mettle to compete at the next level. Their strongest and most consistent release to date. (D.Cockett)

Destiny Records UK

I can't help but smile, whilst tranlating any of the German reviews. There is something about their style... well here it comes, see yourself!!:lol::lol:

Great review, once again well done boyzzzzz!!!
:worship:notworthy:worship:

POWER QUEST – the name already implies all classic metal stereotypes one has accumulated over the years. So this can only be Power Metal, with speedy guitars and a voice that results in your hair standing on end. I really hope they are from Italy. Oh, no, from England. Well, this can’t be good, I say to myself, and insert the CD. Ooopps!! That does not sound bad at all. Quick glance at the leaflet. Ah, there you go. Three band members are from Italy, indeed. Now were talking.

POWER QUEST are delivering some very respectable tunes. Full of energy, powerful and incredibly positive are those songs belting out of my speakers and the sun immediately arises to shine. “Master of Illusion” will not be considered as huge mile stone or album of the year, but it clearly is a very solid and good power metal album. There are no particular new tricks, but the classic tunes are delivered in a very entertaining way. The opener “Cemetary Gate” starts full throttle and indicates the potential of the guys. “Human Machine” follows and is exactly my cup of tea. Although the speed is reduced, the additional vocals hit me by surprise and for a second they even remind me of Linkin Park – but really for a second only. After that a typical power metal chorus follows, maybe a bit weak and too decent, but still able to sound interesting. Sometimes both, guitar and keyboard soli remind me of SONATA ARCTICA. But hey… I love Sonata.. …so they rather go for a good copy than a bad composition of their own.

The album provides about 50 minutes of very enjoyable music, although not every song will be the next world hit. But it is a lot of fun for me to listen to the exhilarating sound. This one is perfect for long car rides to a festival. Cool drinks, fashionable shades and a convertible all included, of course. With the two wicked songs “I Don’t Believe In Friends Forever“ and “Never Again“(supposedly a not too serious autobiographical story about a metal heads’ dream) the guys finish “Master of Illusion” remarkably strong.

Only Alessios voice sounds too decent, he definitely needs more Whiskey. So I would prefer it to be a bit rougher and with more edge to it. And where the heck is the mandatory ballad? Do they want to get rid of that stereotype? OK, let’s stop complaining and wrap it up. “Master of Illusion” is a fabulous Power Metal album, with technically showing the highest possible level. BIG surprise!