Add your Master of Illusion reviews here

First one in from Jason Ritchie at www.getreadytorock.com

POWER QUEST ‘Master Of Illusion’ Napalm Records (2008) www.power-quest.co.uk

Amazingly the band’s fourth album and again it sees the band on another new label and hopefully Napalm Records can get the band’s album out there. One big change for this album is a number of guests including keyboards player Richard West (Threshold), Jorn Viggo Lofstad (Pagan's Mind) and vocalist/growler Chris Neighbour (FourwayKill).
Opener ‘Cemetery Gates’ is classic Power Quest romp – fast guitar/drum riffs and driving keys. This is this albums ‘Far Away’! ‘Human Machine’ and ‘Civilized?’ see the keyboards lead the way, whilst the title track is simply stunning. It is easily the band’s best song yet with duelling keyboards/guitar and the vocals of Alessio Garavello are complemented by the gruff/growl of Chris Neighbour (FourwayKill), who also pops up on ‘The Vigil’. Only ‘Hearts And Voices’ fails to grab me mainly due to the repetitive use of the chorus, mind you it is so damn catchy you can’t help but like it. Again the band move into a progressive/ballad field with ‘I Don’t Believe In Friends Forever’, which builds nicely and there is some fantasy power metal in ‘Kings Of Eternity’. Very few bands do this as well as Power Quest.
I have reviewed all four albums by this band and each time I wonder can they top their last album? Happy to report they have done it again! The added guest vocals and musicians have certainly added to the album’s overall sound and the keyboards really do make this album special. This is an essential album for the band’s fans and lovers of power/melodic metal.

****1/2
Jason Ritchie

User review at Play.com:

5/5 stars

This new album is the best release from UK Power Metallers Power Quest. Not only is the guest list quite impressive, but the 5 guys introduced the next professional level to their music arrangements. Cemetary Gates and Kings of Eternity are my personal favourites, outstanding tracks! But in fact ALL songs are brilliant. MUST buy for any fan of metal, power metal and rock!

First of i would say best album ever. Never Again & Human Machine are my 2 personal favourites of the album. The album has a heavier tone to it prepared to magic never dies which is really cool and cemetery Gates is kick ass i like the keyboards in that one. Reckoning Day which is the megadeth cover which i think is only in the japanese release but not 100% sure is great cause u would never guess it was Alessio that was singing cause he was that good at it.

So Overall i think this album deserves a 10/10.:headbang::kickass:

First of i would say best album ever. Never Again & Human Machine are my 2 pesonal favourites of the album. The album has a heavier tone to it prepared to magic never dies which is really cool and cemetery Gates is kick ass i like the keyboards in that one. Reckoning Day which is the megadeth cover which i think is only in the japanese release but not 100% sure. Its great cause u would never guess it was Alessio that was singing cause he was that good at it.

So Overall i think this album deserves a 10/10.:headbang::kickass:

Amazing! Thanks so much!

Just for reference though...no production from Karl Groom this time as we were not at Thin Ice at all this time round. Production was handled by Richard West and Nick Savio

Sorry Steve the bio did not include who had done production on this album, jumped the gun on this one!