Adrenaline Mob - Russell Allen / Mike Portnoy new project

"almost like ROB ZOMBIE meets BLACK LABEL SOCIETY meets DISTURBED, [but] with [Ronnie James] Dio singing."

In other words, it's SHIT meets SHIT meets SHIT, with good vocals.

"almost like ROB ZOMBIE meets BLACK LABEL SOCIETY meets DISTURBED, [but] with [Ronnie James] Dio singing."

In other words, it's SHIT meets SHIT meets SHIT, with good vocals.

Honestly I really doubt that Rus would be involved in a shitty project. Everything he's done in his career has pretty much been stellar. So I'm going to go ahead and be excited about two of my favorite musicians of all time in a single band together...and save the judgements for after I hear the music. Not a single clip has been released, so it's beyond ignorant to say it won't be good.

Not a single clip has been released, so it's beyond ignorant to say it won't be good.

I didn't say it can't be good (no-one did, but I assume you spoke in general terms even though it was directly below a quote from me)... but I actually don't think it will be (not excluding the chance that it can be).

There's more to music that musicians. Influence and direction for example.
They essentially say their direction is towards Shitville, with influences from Shit McShit, El Shitto Sheet and Shitlord, Shitter of Shit. They themselves say it sounds a little Shit, with hints of Shittered and some other shitty bands.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think it will be crap if the influences and "sounds likes" don't appeal to you.
I don't think it's unreasonable to think it will be good because of skilled (favorite) musicians either.

Needless to say, I think most people on this forums are at least a little interested in hearing how this will sound (even if to just sign it off as crap and move on), so I do hope they release a teaser or something.

seems like a "well what the fuck" project. Now i miss the ayreon days and i only like one album from him.

Also, win post by Phanto.

Well, I suppose people can complain all they want. I just paid a measly 12 bucks to see Rus and Portnoy tear it up onstage. It'll be a few new songs and a bunch of classic covers from what I gather. Russell Allen doing Dio or something for 12 bucks?! Count me in!

Well, I suppose people can complain all they want. I just paid a measly 12 bucks to see Rus and Portnoy tear it up onstage. It'll be a few new songs and a bunch of classic covers from what I gather. Russell Allen doing Dio or something for 12 bucks?! Count me in!

They'll probably play songs from Rob Zombie, Black Label Society and Disturbed :)

They essentially say their direction is towards Shitville, with influences from Shit McShit, El Shitto Sheet and Shitlord, Shitter of Shit. They themselves say it sounds a little Shit, with hints of Shittered and some other shitty bands.

I laughed my ass out of this

Did you see the last South Park episode? Because it looks like you have just turned ten years old too...

I didn't say it can't be good (no-one did, but I assume you spoke in general terms even though it was directly below a quote from me)... but I actually don't think it will be (not excluding the chance that it can be).

I don't think it's unreasonable to think it will be crap if the influences and "sounds likes" don't appeal to you.
I don't think it's unreasonable to think it will be good because of skilled (favorite) musicians either.

Needless to say, I think most people on this forums are at least a little interested in hearing how this will sound (even if to just sign it off as crap and move on), so I do hope they release a teaser or something.
What?

I don't think the greatest musicians in the world can save shit music.

Isn't that essentially what every Ayreon album is like? :lol:
LOL can't say I can agree with that completely, but I guess it applies to some of Arjen's stuff a bit too well.

As for this Allen/Portnoy project, can't wait to hear how it turns out! It might either be really shitty or real awesome, I don't think it'll be mediocre.

Honestly I really doubt that Rus would be involved in a shitty project. Everything he's done in his career has pretty much been stellar. So I'm going to go ahead and be excited about two of my favorite musicians of all time in a single band together...and save the judgements for after I hear the music. Not a single clip has been released, so it's beyond ignorant to say it won't be good.

It's "ignorant" just like claiming everything Russel has been involved in is "stellar"...