AE's version of writers block

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Hey guys,

Reading THIS thread made me think...Do you ever go to your work and find yourself with no ideas to make the project/song sound good? I am finding myself in a funk right now.. I mixed a full CD in about 10 days, and after that I started another one, but for god-knows-why I am stuck and can't do anything I feel it is good for the later. The band sucks, that doesn't help, but anyway..So I am doing other smaller things until I find my groove again for that project.

Do you ever find yourself in this situation ? What do you do to help that ?

if that happens, to me anyway, it's usually because the source material is just.... uninspiring. if I hear something that is even remotely good I'm almost always filled with ideas.

Yeah, in this particular project it is exactly that. They're all terrible musicians, the guitars are VERY out of tune due to intonation problems (they didnt want to have their guitar setup, and since it wasn't on my own studio, I didnt have the voice to tell 'em they wouldnt track. My boss wantz da moneyz :/ )and the songs just suck.

Yeah, in this particular project it is exactly that. They're all terrible musicians, the guitars are VERY out of tune due to intonation problems (they didnt want to have their guitar setup, and since it wasn't on my own studio, I didnt have the voice to tell 'em they wouldnt track. My boss wantz da moneyz :/ )and the songs just suck.

well you should tell your boss that once everyone hears that project nobody is gonna want to come work there and he wont be getting much moneyz after all lol.

there was a guy around here recently trying to recruit me to work in his studio and that was his attitude - record anybody no matter what, with no concern toward your reputation. Those type of people seem very short-sighted to me.

but yeah I feel you. it's tough dealing with projects like that.. just gotta get it out and hope that very few people hear it. or ask to have your name removed haha