I hate writers block

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
So im writing music for my senior project at school, and i have one full song and a couple songs that feel half or 3/4 done. And fuck me, but I havent been able to think of anything that works with the songs in the way i want it for a while. Writers block sucks.

TRY TO WRITE FICTION THAT MIGHT HELP WITH THE WRITER'S BLOCK YOU'RE HAVING WITH THE MUSIC
ALSO YOU MIGHT TRY TO LOOK BACK THROUGH YOUR LIFE AND MAKE THE SONGS AUTO-BIO-GRAPHICAL (LIKE THE MUSIC OF PINK/EMINEM) OR DO A SONG ABOUT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO SOMEONE YOU PERSONALY KNOW OR PUT IN REFERENCES TO CURRENT EVENTS LIKE HOW "THERE GOES MY HERO" WAS ALL ABOUT KURT COBAIN DYING AND HOW EMINEM MAKES A REFERENCE TO COLOMBINE IN "THE WAY I AM"...
...HOPE THIS HELPS...
...I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW...

hey man thats sweet.. IM doing my senior project on classical guitar and my finished product is a song. I want to make it metal so bad... but it needs to be classical. If you use guitarpro to write, send it over and maybe i can help with some stuff. If you want to see some of my stuff, PM.

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
TRY TO WRITE FICTION THAT MIGHT HELP WITH THE WRITER'S BLOCK YOU'RE HAVING WITH THE MUSIC
ALSO YOU MIGHT TRY TO LOOK BACK THROUGH YOUR LIFE AND MAKE THE SONGS AUTO-BIO-GRAPHICAL (LIKE THE MUSIC OF PINK/EMINEM) OR DO A SONG ABOUT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO SOMEONE YOU PERSONALY KNOW OR PUT IN REFERENCES TO CURRENT EVENTS LIKE HOW "THERE GOES MY HERO" WAS ALL ABOUT KURT COBAIN DYING AND HOW EMINEM MAKES A REFERENCE TO COLOMBINE IN "THE WAY I AM"...
...HOPE THIS HELPS...
...I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW...
Its the actual music i'm writing, not lyrics.

the phish said:
hey man thats sweet.. IM doing my senior project on classical guitar and my finished product is a song. I want to make it metal so bad...
Hah yeah, but thats cool. I still havent decided whether or not to make this an instrumental project or to have vocals. Having some growls would probably get an interesting response from whomever reviews the project.

Wolftribe said:
Hah yeah, but thats cool. I still havent decided whether or not to make this an instrumental project or to have vocals. Having some growls would probably get an interesting response from whomever reviews the project.
WTF??? HAVING IT BE INSTRUMENTAL WAS ACTUALLY AN OPTION???

IF YOU DECIDE TO DO VOCALS THEN YOU COULD PROLLY DO THE "WIERD AL" THING AND TAKE INSTANTANIOUSLY RECOGNIZABLE INSTRUMENTAL AND ALTERING THE WORDS IN A REALLY HILLARIOUS WAY

Fucking tell me about, I think I've written like...five worthwhile pages of fiction in the past three weeks. I hope I can get into a groove when school starts, cause I'm taking three writing classes and I dunno if I'll be able to pull the "write one thing, format as short story for one class, chapter in novel for other class, and screenplay excerpt for the third" trick.

my writing's been in pretty much a slump lately as well ... i've started some longer stories that i wanted to write for a while but just seem to die out after a few pages. not cool. it could just be an issue of typing stuff out on the compute vs. writing it by hand but if i got into that, i'd go off on so much nonsensical writer babble ... i dunno if it's a lack of inspiration or just i'm all streesed out with the college stuff that i've been putting off for a really stupidly long time ... :yell:

dreaming neon darkspot said:
my writing's been in pretty much a slump lately as well ... i've started some longer stories that i wanted to write for a while but just seem to die out after a few pages. not cool. it could just be an issue of typing stuff out on the compute vs. writing it by hand but if i got into that, i'd go off on so much nonsensical writer babble ... i dunno if it's a lack of inspiration or just i'm all streesed out with the college stuff that i've been putting off for a really stupidly long time ... :yell:
MAYBE YOU COULD TRY TO WRITE EROTICA THAT MIGHT HELP

It's also difficult to pull off. I think i've read one sexy thing in my entire life. Dudes want hardcore, chicks want suggestion...its impossible to find a balance. And even if you do go full in one direction, it inevitably sounds cheesy anyway.

Smoke some Salvia divinorum while listening to Opeth backwards with the speed and pitch increased by 50%, while staring at a Christmas tree that is 7'6.391" tall, no higher, no shorter, that has exactly 253 lights, and 542 ornements, while eating a gingerbread cookie and having someone tickle your feet.

I've done this.

Trust me.

It works.

You can thank me later.