Aeternus... anywhere I can find samples?

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
I'm looking into Aeternus right now, and I'm trying to found a sample (you know, song sample) of their BM material (beyond the wandering moon, ...and so the night became)...

I checked on their site, but unfortunately they only have DM stuff on there... don't get me wrong, it sounded like good DM, but I'm more interested in finding their BM at the moment so if anyone can either 1) give me a link to a LEGAL sample or 2) describe what their BM sound is like... what bands are they similar to etc...

And please don't tell me to go to Kazaa cause I refuse to download illegally songs from bands I want to support... even if it's just to sample the songs, I won't do it. Stupid? Perhaps you think so, but I don't really care so please just give me legal sample links.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I don't have links to "legal" samples, but I applaud your stance on downloading. Downloading is for cheap wanks.

As for the band, just get the two you mentioned plus their debut EP. CHances are 99% good that you'll like it.

Totally unique band. No one sounds like them, though one could argue that a person that enjoys Aeternus would also enjoy Rudra, Melechesh, and Lykathea Aflame and perhaps early Primordial.

Your moral difficulty is amusing. Have you considered that you could download the albums off a p2p program, sample them, and buy the albums? Please explain how exactly that would be unfair to the band.

Demiurge said:
Your moral difficulty is amusing. Have you considered that you could download the albums off a p2p program, sample them, and buy the albums? Please explain how exactly that would be unfair to the band.
Yes he did consider it. He already addressed this and said that we would think it's stupid, but he refuses to do such a thing.

I really do have the same question though. I don't see how you can be opposed to downloading and then buying.

Possibly because if he listened to the samples and ended up not liking it, he would not buy the cd afterall, thus becoming a pirate (arr). But, if he purchased the cd without taking a listen, then that's just a waste...I'm just looking for logic. Not so successful.

Christie_fell said:
Possibly because if he listened to the samples and ended up not liking it, he would not buy the cd afterall, thus becoming a pirate (arr). But, if he purchased the cd without taking a listen, then that's just a waste...I'm just looking for logic. Not so successful.

If it was eating him up inside, he could always delete the mp3s from his hard drive, no?

I often wonder if people encounter the same dilemma when buying albums from ebay, the used bin at the record store, amazon shops, someone's tradelist, etc. In these instances, do you really think the band gets some of the money you paid kicked up to it? If one is truly stalwart about supporting the musicians who made the album with a monetary contribution, it would seem they'd have a very difficult time acquiring any relatively obscure release.

Christie_fell said:

Yes that's the idea.

Even if I just listen to the album once and then delete it from harddrive, it's still technical piracy.

And like Melodeath said, I already addressed this issue. I didn't start this post to get into an argument over the morals of downloading music.

Demiurge said:

I do that for pretty much every band only I buy at much lower intervals because I don't have a job.

As far as I know there are no other ways to download the album legally. They used to have a page on mp3.com, but they closed down. I own both albums and ripped them in Ogg Vorbis format, so if you want a song or two you can contact me and i'll send them to ya.