AFDTO live... Your impressions ?

Frodnat

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2001
everywhere
Hi folks,

Yesterday I saw Anathema live in concert. It was great, but not as great as in the past. Somehow the new songs of AFDTE didn´t give me that much as the old ones. There is much intensity gone I think. I had the same feeling when I listened to the CD the first time. But I learned to like the CD after listen to it more and more. When I compare them with the pre-AFDTE-phase, I feel also a little bit bored by the new songs. The old ones kicked and gave me that shivering feeling, that was great. What do you think about the new songs, especially when they are played live ???

Ohhhhh, bad luck.

Hey, I live in Australia, and I know we'd fucking kill to see Anathema.

So you should be licking the floor that they're under, because you've got it better than us.

So I'm sorry if they weren't up to your expectations, but you know.....:mad:

Mh, they are different from their former songs, but I like that new album, too because it is different. The music is relaxed, but also full of feelings. I loved the concert. Okay, I had no possibility to compare, but I loved it. The main thing is that they are live better than on CD.

i got the Crestfallen Ep a few time ago, the first time i heard Crestfallen... uhh that song kicks ass!! its amazing, brutality with feelings... good classic doom metal, great lyrics too and White had a great growling voice. Remembered because of your signature

speaking of white....anybody know how that new projekt of his is going? He said to kerrang, I think, that he would start up a new band with a sound á la old Anathema. Haven't heard anything else after that and that was in August (I think).

theres one song that evokes that period but its mostly faster paced-elements of Blood Divine type sounds but essentially a good metal cd.Recorded rough and raw as it should be but i hear they will be recording some more stuff iun the new year in a better studio where hopefully the promise already shown will come to fruition but as i said for what is essentially a demo its very impressive:)

And Daz's lyrics are as wonderful as ever:)