After just hearing the latest ARK news

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
Kinda taken from the Conception thread...

On the Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles website it says that Jorn is now back working with ARK. How much of that I believe, not much, but lets just suppose.

Would I be the only one who does not like this news? I mean, Jorn basically screwed them to begin with and now he is back. I was looking forward to a breath of fresh air in the band, but it does not seem like that is going to happen. Yes Jorn is a good singer, but he is too all over the place, it makes his voice less special. Lets not forget how horrible Masterplan was...ugh... Plus he has a way of making music sound sooo 80ish by they "yeah" and "baby" etc.

Personally I was hoping that Goran Edman (sp*) (who sang on the Karmakanic cd) would join, maybe even Andy Engberg.

Discuss, flame me, whatever. I just cant believe he would be taken back.

ive still hardly heard anything from ark.. that one song i mentioned before i LOVED, but then i heard a couple of others i thought were ranged from ehh to argh!.. so i dont know.. i like jorns voice when he is just singing normally..when he goes into what i call the 'yodel' though, god i hate that..

Maybe Jorn screwed ARK... I don't know... I'm not privy to the inner workings of the band. But I'm glad Jorn is back. He is a GREAT vocalist (even if it is annoying that he seems to be everywhere... including a lot of substandard material), and I couldn't imagine anyone else singing for ARK. He is an integral ingrediant to the band that makes the music special.

I also like Masterplan, though not nearly as much as Ark.

Maybe it's time someone told Jorn to quit playing games and start making the third Ark album then.

I wouldn't think from reading his lyrics the man would be more interested in only performing where the so-called money is. (How long will masterplan last anyway?)

And oh yeah, I'd trade Kamelot for Conception any day of the week too..

ScottG said:
(How long will masterplan last anyway?)

Why should it NOT last, dude? It's not a superband or something, Roland and Uli are going along ever since 1994, the only thing I'd change in the band is the lame-ass keyboard player!