Votes: 7 10.0%
  • None of them

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters

Luis

Mortal With Immortal Mind
I just want to ask you who is your favorite singer of the following list:

DC Cooper (Royal Hunt, Silent Force)
Goran Edman (Yngwie Malmsteen, Johansson Brothers)
Roy Khan (Conception, Kamelot)
Mark Boals (Yngwie Malmsteen, Ring of Fire)
Daniel Gildenlow (Pain of Salvation)
John West (Artension, Royal Hunt)
James La Brie
Jorn Lande (Masterplan, Ark)

(Dont forget to tell me the reason of your vote :cool: )

Thanks in Advance

No Russ???

Oh well, my vote goes for James LaBrie. Though not as powerful as Khan he does have a very warm and comforting voice, something that works perfectly with the metal. Plus his voice clearly shows the influence of progressive rock on the band.

Since there is no Russ, I'd also have to go with LaBrie. Alot of people say that his voice is really queer, but i tell them, "Don't think of it as queer. just think of it as you not respecting an amazing singer."

No Russ (2)?

My vote's for Khan, though I've had a hard moment choosing between him and Lande ("The Battle 2"). Khan middle-ranged tone, warm, almost whispering softly in your ears... What the hell, I'm turning me on :hotjump:
Also his high tone is not awfully high (see Kotipelto and Co.)... so that's the reason.
Probably my last choice would be John West (there's something in his voice... ughh can't stand it)
Great poll btw

Bah! Made me choose between Ark and Conception.

Lande and Khan are my two favourites from that list.

I had to go with Jorn because his vocals on Burn the Sun are supreme.

well, being that this is the symphony x forum, and people talk about how great russ is all the time, he's probably know's peoples view in that respect. And if he put russ there, wouldn't most people vote for him, thus nullifying the vote?

i think Mark Boals is better than all of them if u dont believe me go watch ring of fire live in tokyo.He is definitely very underrated

I picked Labrie because Russ wasn't there. And because I really like his voice - he fits DT perfectly.

Although, as I mentioned in another thread, DC Cooper produced my friend's demo and it rocks as hard as his vocals. I'd never heard him before, but he had some awesome backup parts on a few of the tracks so I checked out Royal Hunt - he comes in second for me.

Where are Dio and Plant, btw?

Of those, I have to go with Khan. His voice is just so beautiful.

EDIT: I just thought of another vocalist I would put up there, Mariusz Duda from Riverside. In my opinion, he's definitely up there as far as singers go. I just read that they are releasing the follow up to "Out Of Myself" October 31st. Definitely looking forward to that one.

I chose None, but among that list I'd choose La Brie.
I heard PoS's The Perfect Element Part 1 and that singer just rips off Mike Patton all over the place, I can't see why there's so much praise about him.

Since Roy Khan received a lot of votes, I'll check out Kamelot. Any album suggestion?