Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Daniel Gildenow

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Jorn Lande

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • None of them

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
I chose Khan. Just a great singer who sing all styles of songs equally well. And Black Halo, Epica and Karma would be the right way to go as far as picking up a Kamelot album. Each album gets better and better from them.

I just discovered Jorn with his collaboration with Russell. He has a very good voice. DC Cooper is another one who is quite good. Liked him best with Royal Hunt. And I am surprised that John West is getting no love. He is a great replacement for Cooper in Royal Hunt. I am also surprised that Labrie is winning this. I do like his voice, but he doesn't have the control of his voice as the others I mentioned.

Roy Khan.

His vocal timbre is the most pleasant for me. I also love his vocal lines (especially in Conception). Khan is the best melodic voice in metal imo.

I chose Daniel Gildenlow, I love the way he sings and his range, and yes, as L.Knight said, he sounds a lot like Mike Patton (I love his voice too, especially with Mr. Bungle) the two of them have their own styles

About Hansi on D&W:

He sounds great. It's a bit different than BG, mainly in that he 'sings' in greater proportion to the 'screaming' relative to a typical BG album. One of the tracks, Wicked Witch, is sung entirely clean, IIRC. His voice sounds better on the low, clean parts in D&W than it ever has. I would whole-heartedly recommend the album for Hansi fans. Beneath These Waves alone is worth the price of the album.

proulxski said:
Yeh and Hansi isn't up there either... And yeh-it was a good move on Luis part to not include Russ... Cuz if russ's name was there-I wouldn't even read the others,this time around Ia ctually had to think about who Iw anted to chose!
Holy Shit! I didnt realize that Hansi wasnt there :OMG: !!!! God damn!! I should slap myself upside the head!! [Slaps himself upside the head.] Yeah. I wnt there. Hansi is amazing :worship: !!!! Freakin' every single song from Blind Guardian, not to mention, Demons And Wizards, and several completely amazing covers with BG. (I.E.:Surfin' U.S.A, Spread your wings, yeah. You all know.)
The Metal Chick said:
Hansi is the man. His voice definitely is an aquired taste, but like you said, it's very unique and emotive.
for me, (and many other people) I was very impressed by Hansi's voice, the first time I'd ever heard him sing. (Nightfall: The Curse Of Feanor :headbang: )

Favorite vocalists: Russell Allen, Mikael Akerfeldt, John Arch.

From that list, my favorite is Daniel Gildenlow.

Rose Immortal said:
I trust that Hansi's good no matter where he sings...but how does the music for D & W compare to BG?
D & W is very different, compared to BG. Both bands are really good, but BG's music tends to be alot more melodic than D & W, in that BG always has that one guitar with the amazing high note distortion that "sings" along with their backup mini-choir. D & W is based alot more along the heavy ass riffs than on melody. (I had this exact discussion last night with my band ;) )

I have a pure respect for all these great singers.
I would like to say that Mark Boals have been a good source of inspiration for me. Mark and Yngwie have open the path of my musical vocation.
Mark is a mentor for me and i have a lot of gratitude for him.

www.maestropero.com

James Labrie is very very not good at all. He _can_ sing, but imo he lack power in his voice. and his "soft singing" is just awful.

I vote for DC Cooper. He has made some kind of side project thingy; Missa Mercuria, which is totally awesome. Also, the latest Silent Force album is just über.

Where's Mikael Åkerfeldt in the poll? :( edit: I actually read some other posts now.. eh :D it's pretty hard to choose just one, I mean the metal scene is fucking gigantic. on the _list_, DC Cooper is the man, though.

Now that I think about it, this list is actually suffering a huge lack of
Timo Kotipelto. I dont care what anybody says. I think he's awesome; especially live.

LOL, I enjoy what I've heard of him, too. I would not call him a "good" singer to the degree of someone like Russell Allen, but fun--yeah. :)

My head says Jorn Lande by I don't feel any emotional connection to his voice because I guess I like the voice more than the bands he does / has done.

I have to say Mark for his work with Yngwie, especially Trilogy and & solo cd Edge of the World (no bias).