After the tour what will be Maiden's future?

The Real Moonchild

Adolf Was My Dog
Jul 4, 2003
Look above arse!
Since PoM/PowerSlave, SiT/Seventh, NPfD/FotD, X/Virtual, BNW/DoD Iron Maiden albums have always seem to be jumping in pairs in style of music. Will Janick or anyone of the band leave? Or the musical direction will be Classic music? Or Back to the roots? Or it just will remain the same. In that case it would surprise me because i'm sick of hearing acoustic intros and endings that sound the same of Fead of the dark. :lol:

From a personal perspective I don't think there is much of one. I'm not really into their new stuff, and I don't buy just any old live album so I doubt I'll be making another 'new' Maiden purchase. I'm sure the next release will be a live album from this tour, and maybe a new studio album in three or four years. :)

dreamwatch said:
I'm sure the next release will be a live album from this tour, and maybe a new studio album in three or four years. :)
In that case, I shall set aside some cash to buy the new live album..... NOT!!!

Musically? There is NO future. The way I see it they're a tired old band whose only in it for the money. Without a miracle and some sudden changes in the band and it's management, they'll never create anything interesting.

But as long as the sheeps keep buying their records, videos, t-shirts, re-releases, re-re-releases and special-tincan-super edition boxsets, they'll be around. So in theory, Iron Maiden still exists... in some form. To me they're dead.

:hotjump:

Uggg I wish I could reach threw the screen to kill you all. j'k

But I don't understand you guys don't sound like maiden fans at all.
I understand you can't be fanboys but theres a line to be crossed where being critical turns to being a maiden hater and I think you guys have crossed that line.

Reckless said:

I understand you can't be fanboys but theres a line to be crossed where being critical turns to being a maiden hater and I think you guys have crossed that line.
Well what did you expect when a band releases 3 compilation albums within a decade...

I could understand best of the beast, but Ed Hunter or Edward the Great....
It's an easy way to make money, just like releasing that ltd edition box, which was already being re-released as soon as it had sold out...

Reckless said:

Maiden is still to me the best heavymetal band of all time. Nothing can take away the glory of their 82-88 period. The fact is I don't like the music they're playing currently. BNW was sterile and lacked energy... DOD just sounds like some pisspoor garage-band album. Not even one song where you can say "whoa, this is classic Maiden". Where are all the great guitar harmonies/melodies? where is the magic?