Agalloch: Ashes Against the Grain - Just pre-ordered it at THE END!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
:worship: This new album from Agalloch will most-likely be the best goddamn album of the year! Jesus, these guys have NEVER sounded better. I strongly believe that when I FINALLY receive this album in the mail I'll get my answer to me believing they may have just put out the best album of their career. Falling Snow is a terrific song, for sure, but my god don't get me started on Limbs; one of the best fucking songs I have heard all year. I could NEVER have been prepared for a song THAT good...I was shocked.

In any case, this album is turning into a HUGE surprise for me as I originally had no anticipation towards it whatsoever (while I was HUGELY anticipating TGCD from Katatonia) and now it seems Ashes may turn out to be one hell of an achievement. Stunning, STUNNING band....as well, get ready for THIS.....

:OMG:

Perhaps the GREATEST lmtd. BOX set I have seen in years. FAR superior than Ulver's Blood Inside and Katatonia's The Great Cold Distance combined, hehe. This is INSANELY kickass and is ONLY limited to 500 copies. I suggest people that LOVE this band jump on the bandwagon immediately before it's too late, like I did.

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/it.A/id.13571/.f

I'm just blown away - I really can't wait to hear this damn album.

:headbang: HAIL AGALLOCH!

i dunno where the blood inside comparison came frm, but its a much better album than ashes is. a decent album, but the more i think about it it's not very solid. some of the songs are kind of weak, except for fire/ice and waves, which are good throughout. bloodbirds is also very good, but the 3 part closer disappointed me tbh.

a good album though, just not close to the top of my list for best of the year.

Bought it last night when they actually had a shirt selection... Was suprised to wake up 8 hours later and see them out of XXL and XL, then 6 hours later were out of L and M shirts...

hibernal_dream said:
doesn't take too much effort to beat TGCD, and i'm pretty sure Blood Inside is Garm taking the piss

wtf blood inside is an amazing album you turd

Ashes Against the Grain is a very fine album. Bummed I missed out on the shirt. Ruun is still my pick for best album this year. Hoping Agalloch makes it out east for shows. I saw them last year up in Canada and they put on an excellent live show.

Abhorsen said:
Ashes Against the Grain is a very fine album. Bummed I missed out on the shirt. Ruun is still my pick for best album this year. Hoping Agalloch makes it out east for shows. I saw them last year up in Canada and they put on an excellent live show.

Yeah, I got the small when they ONLY had the "S" & "L"...I'm a slim build, so usually L when it comes to band t-shirts are FAAR too long and bulky for me. Hopefully the size will be good though...man, I'm just fortunate I was able to grab the shirt - had no idea they'd be gone so quickly.
And damn, AGALLOCH better have alot of shows in North America coming up - I'd KILL to see them. Haughm's vocals have VASTLY improved and shit, some of the BEST black vocal work I have heard (and they are better than ever on the new album from the two tracks I have heard.)

Thanx! I would have missed this.
Good thing I got that bonus today, It was meant to be.
I hope the Small fits :erk: :)

Haha, glad I could help someone out. And, I got Small as well but that's pretty much my size anyway. Maybe I should have gotten Medium...but, should be good.

wtf blood inside is an amazing album you turd

Damn straight it is!

its already not, but alright.

Well, there is no accounting for tastes. I haven't heard all of Ashes since I'm waiting for its arrival. From what I have heard so far though, it sounds INCREDIBLE. In the end, for some reason I still think Virgin Black may win for MY best of year album (the ambition displayed here is unfathomable.)

Best I have heard this year so far that was worth making purchases on.....

The Great Cold Distance
Materia
The Adversary
Murder Nature
*Ashes Against the Grain

i dunno where the blood inside comparison came frm, but its a much better album than ashes is. a decent album, but the more i think about it it's not very solid. some of the songs are kind of weak, except for fire/ice and waves, which are good throughout. bloodbirds is also very good, but the 3 part closer disappointed me tbh.

Sorry, but I CANNOT compare the two albums. FAR too different for me to do something like that (plus, I haven't even heard ashes yet.) Blood Inside is indeed a fantastic album but Ashes will be just as great. And lastly, I believe I compared the ltd edition box sets between the three bands - ulver/katatonia/Agalloch - not the music itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.