Agalloch: Ashes Against the Grain - Just pre-ordered it at THE END!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like agallochs new album but plz do urself a favor and dont compare it to the great cold distance and especially blood inside. they both own it.

how are people comparing an average "folk" metal protoblack metal band like agalloch to the untouchable pure flawless/genius/musical insanity that is ulver? you people astound me sometimes.

Scourge of Malice said:
I think the origional poster was meerly comparing the content of the limited editions of both albums, not the quality of the music.
Seems so to me.

Scourge of Malice said:
I think the origional poster was meerly comparing the content of the limited editions of both albums, not the quality of the music.

Wow, seriously, I applaud you for that man. At least SOMEONE here understood what I wrote (which I thought I made quite clear actually in the original post and EVEN more clear in the follow-up post.) I think many people here either don't think when they read or some don't read at all. Lazy.
Same goes to you Peachy - I honestly thought everyone here was illiterate or something...geez, where did all this BAND COMPARISON come from? I wasn't comparing anybody as I love ALL three bands and merely stated I think Agalloch's newest release MAY turn out to be my fave of the year.

Alcapoth said:
Wow, seriously, I applaud you for that man. At least SOMEONE here understood what I wrote (which I thought I made quite clear actually in the original post and EVEN more clear in the follow-up post.) I think many people here either don't think when they read or some don't read at all. Lazy.
Same goes to you Peachy - I honestly thought everyone here was illiterate or something...geez, where did all this BAND COMPARISON come from? I wasn't comparing anybody as I love ALL three bands and merely stated I think Agalloch's newest release MAY turn out to be my fave of the year.

umm.. you said that it will be their best album of their career. Considering Pale Folklore as good as any metal this year, isn't that the same as saying it is the album of the year, which is implicitly saying it is better than those respective efforts by Katatonia and Ulver? (Yeah, i'm shit-stirring but i'm on winter break and have nothing better to do :heh:)

i will get the album on vinyl when it comes out. i heard a couple songs and liked them. nothing really groundbreaking but seems very solid on the first few listens. certainly an improvement over the mantle.

derbeder said:
i will get the album on vinyl when it comes out. i heard a couple songs and liked them. nothing really groundbreaking but seems very solid on the first few listens. certainly an improvement over the mantle.
IMO this release might be considered groundbreaking, they have really created something new with their sound. And I have heard all their olderr stuff

My point is that if you want to hear something with an obvious climax or 'point' then you are listening to the wrong band. There music is what it is, which is mellow, and considering their common themes such as nature, it kinda makes sense

Theres much bettor music that doesnt climax. Just because they ramble on about forests and winds shouldnt mean that their music should be boring and over repetetive. I can appreciate slow and mellow music sugar, but Agalloch pretty much go no where in an album.

Status
Not open for further replies.