Jan 26, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
Visit site
The mighty Agalloch is playing some fall dates

sept 11 - milwaukee
sept 12 - chicago

and

oct 30 - portland

Is anyone going to any of these? I think i'm going to the portland gig which also includes Amber Asylum...I can't think of a better show, Agalloch has grown to be one of my favorites along with Katatonia and i've never seen them live or have been to the west coast!

on oct 29th, Moonspell/Samael are also playing in portland, that should be a good show too, I've never seen Samael live buy Moonspell usually excels in the live setting.

The one problem with agalloch is that none of their other songs come anywhere close to In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion. If they did, they'd be such a godly band..

Well there are some I haven't heard for sure from EPs and stuff but I've listened to Pale Folklore, The Mantle, Ashes Against the Grain, and the White all multiple times and none of the songs on those besides obviously the song I'm referring to come anywhere close to said song.

The one problem with agalloch is that none of their other songs come anywhere close to In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion. If they did, they'd be such a godly band..

while i agree, that song is ethereal in stature, most of their stuff ive heard is really solid. Id dare say the mantle is my favorite album ever(next to opeth's still life) but yea im rambling, long story short

fuck yes agalloch, and god damn it come to michigan, we are right near your 2 dates >.<

The mighty Agalloch is playing some fall dates

sept 11 - milwaukee
sept 12 - chicago

and

oct 30 - portland

Is anyone going to any of these? I think i'm going to the portland gig which also includes Amber Asylum...I can't think of a better show, Agalloch has grown to be one of my favorites along with Katatonia and i've never seen them live or have been to the west coast!

on oct 29th, Moonspell/Samael are also playing in portland, that should be a good show too, I've never seen Samael live buy Moonspell usually excels in the live setting.

I might be going to Agalloch. Portland is only 6-7 hour drive for me from Vancouver. I caught Opeth & Enslaved there earlier this year so I know its an easy drive but I have classes on Saturdays this fall :cry: I'll be at Moonspell in Vancouver on the 28th though. Lots of good shows this fall :headbang: