Agalloch

I recommend you not post unless you have something useful to contribute.

+1

but on a more serious note, if you liked part 2, you'll love the entire album (ashes against the grain). they're all amazing, i cant choose a favorite, i'll say the mantle is my favorite, but then i'll go listen to ashes for the next month :p

The Mantle is their best but isn't a good starting point, it took me over 6 months of occasional listening to finally get into it. Pale Folklore is what got me into the band but Ashes is also a good starting point.

The band members of Agalloch,(imo) are not the greatest or most virtuostic musicians. What they do exceedingly well is write excellent songs. The Misshapen Steed from(Pale Folklore) is one of the most sad and beautiful songs ever written by anyone. I think original band member Shane Bryer composed it, I read where he may be re-joining the band.

actually they made a bad song imo. cant stand the last track on aatg, which is a shame cause the rest of the album is pretty much perfection.

Ironically that "noise" inspired the entire album and came before it. And I assume you mean Our Fortress 3, cause the "last" track is on the vinyl only.

Ironically that "noise" inspired the entire album and came before it. And I assume you mean Our Fortress 3, cause the "last" track is on the vinyl only.

That track does have more in-line with - is it the drummer's? - side project, which is more of an ambient/noise thing. It really depends if you are into that kind of stuff - personally I do like some of it - but I can totally see why someone wouldn't.

Cant stop listening to Birch White from The White ep. It's just amazing.
I love all Agalloch albums, but probably my least favorite is also Our Fortress is Burning III... but the reason is obvious, it's just a kind of experimentation.

Yeah, since i got the White EP, it's become highly addictive. It's the perfect dark atmospheric folk album (just wich it was longer, obviously:loco:).

Agalloch has actually turned me on to more of the dark folky-type metal. Not the Korpiklaani (sp) stuff, but bands like Negura Bunget, Drudkh, and plenty others, I've been checking out on MySpace. Excellent music to listen to by a roaring fire!:)

..Seems to me.. If you liked the song off 'Ashes Against The Grain'.. That you'd be wise to start there. I'd agree that, overall, The Mantle is their best album.. But Ashes is definitely a more accessible album and it did take a while for The Mantle to fully sink in.

Anyone else snag one of those limited edition shirts (Only 200 were printed) the band was selling on myspace? I bought a small, it was all they had left and 5 minutes later the link was off the page. I'm more of a collector anyways so I was happy to just get one.