Agalloch

Why did Agalloch play Limbs twice?
After the intro at about the 3:30, Don started to play the lead part but no sound was coming out. Apparently there was a volume pedal that was turned off (or so he mentioned something like that at the show) and it took him a long time to figure it out. It was a good show though, I had fun.

I ran into Don Anderson at the Meshuggah/Cynic show in Seattle last month. I was standing in the crowd while Cynic was setting up, wearing a Sculptured shirt and some guy turned around and pointed at my shirt. Then he tapped on some guy's shoulder who turned around and it happened to be Don Anderson. He waived the new Sculptured CD and pointed to the Cynic banner.

After their set I went outside and saw Don and the other guy outside. I said hello (other guy happened to be Agalloch's tour manager) and we talked for a little bit about Agalloch, Sculptured and whatnot. Then Paul Masvidal came out and Don started to get all giddy but was sort of hesitant to approach him. Eventually he went and talked to him and gave him a CD. Paul mentioned he thought he'd heard Agalloch before and that The End had offered Cynic a deal before they settled on their current label and he'd give it a listen. Don mentioned that Focus and Human are two of his favorite albums of all time. Don didn't stay for Meshuggah, nor did I.

In the way of news... The DVD is done and on it's way to be pressed (or maybe authored I can't remember but the video/audio is done at least), they were hoping it would be done before the Euro tour but it isn't looking so likely... but it should be out sometime soon. Agalloch most likely won't be doing any US shows this year. John has started writing music for the next album.

Edit: I guess this could have gone in the other recently bumped thread but I was googling something about Agalloch and this thread came up in the results so I clicked it and saw people talking about it. Looked recent enough to bump and didn't look at the main list of threads :p

A while ago, I was messing around on youtube looking at Opeth stuff and there was a related video for Agalloch. I said what the hell. Clicked on it and HOLY COW. I became a fan after 1 song. That doesn't happen often. But Agalloch is just that good. Glad I found them.

I placed the Ashes Against the grain box set up on EBAY.com
The starting bid is $60.00 but it's very rare (limited to 200 I think), and I'm not excited about letting it go.
Just an fyi for the Agalloch fans.

I talked to someone who went to one of the shows in Belgium recently and John told him the dvd will be out this summer.

an Agalloch DVD will be great, definitely. I enjoyed the gig in Prague so much... I travelled for the Dornenreich & Agalloch package from Vienna and it was worth every cent.

Agalloch update from myspace that I don't think has been posted yet -

Midwest shows confirmed...
Agalloch have scheduled two Midwest headlining shows with our friends Subarachnoid Space (psychedelic space rock) and Velnias (atavistic dark metal) in September. They are as follows:

Fri, September 11 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Miramar Theater
With Subarachnoid Space, OvO, and Velnias

Sat, September 12 - Chicago, IL @ Reggies
With Subarachnoid Space, Indian, and Velnias

This will be the first time Agalloch has ever played in Milwaukee or Chicago and the first time we've played in the Midwest since 2004. Expect two very special 70+ min performances.

We will also be selling a very special shirt at these gigs with artwork courtesy of Fursy Teyssier (Les Discrets/Amesouers).

Lastly, Eisenwald (Germany) will be releasing a 12" picture disc of our "From Which Of This Oak" demo in September. We hope to have copies of this cult vinyl available for these gigs.

Join us.

A Portland, OR show at Berbati's Pan on October 30th has also been confirmed. I'll be at the show and will post the setlist/thoughts when I get the chance.