airports, airplanes, airlines, etc

damnromulans

Klingons do not faint
Feb 2, 2010
KLINGON
To me, the most exciting part of taking a trip is planning and booking flights. Being in transit is half the excitement. I love airports and their expensive food and giant glass pane windows, and I love seeing everyone in one place from confused Chinese families flying for the first time to Saudi businessmen and their niqab-ed wives and obese Americans in Hawaiian shirts.

I've flown the following airlines: American Airlines, Delta, Continental, US Airways, United, Northwest, Southwest, JAL, ANA, Skymark, Korean Air, Asiana, Air China, Air Berlin, Air France, and KLM. Probably flying China Airlines home for the summer.

The best airlines were (SURPRISE) the Asian ones. Notably exceptional customer service from ANA and Korean Air. Continental is the best American airline. Delta blows. Air Berlin had the hottest flight attendants (German men, probably gay but gay is OK) but as for women Korean Air and Asiana won.

My favorite airport I've been to in Japan is NGO Nagoya Chuubu Centrair. It's not too big and it's really nice and new. KIX Kansai International in Osaka is okay too. And Amsterdam-Schiphol is pretty awesome as well.

I don't really have preferences for aircraft I guess. I enjoy the thrill of steep takeoffs Chinese pilots do. I dream that one day the Concorde/other supersonic passenger liners will be brought back. I want to fly Aeroflot before I die.

Have met/encountered a lot of freaks aboard, but nothing too bad. In recent memory, the creepiest thing was when I was half-asleep on an Air China flight from Frankfurt to Beijing and I heard some guy shouting "I'LL KILL YOU" in a fake Arab accent, like that stupid dead terrorist sketch. Other people heard it too, but no one did a damn thing.

I never been on an airplane or anything to travel. Just by car, bike, and my own two feet. I am not sure if I would ever get on one. I mean, if I had to, I would. Are they as scary as they seem? I think it would be neat to travel by train. I would love to travel by train. A lot of movies I have seen and the people travel by train, it looks neat. Not like subways or anything where they just take you to another part of town. But, like those that you would use to travel to different states. I would think one of the best things about traveling, is meeting the freaks that come aboard.

Been on several flights and love airports as well. I epescially love going to the USO's (little lounges/eateries for military personnel, you can also spend the night in one). Delta airlines is by far the best in my experience and they usually are in the nicer end of the airport, with all the nice restaurants and shit. I've flown with Southwestern a few times and while the flights are fine, the terminals are usually shitty when compared to those of nicer airlines. The airport on Oahu is the nicest one I've been in.

I also love everything about flying, like you Krampus. The Airport's, flying, planes ect. I really love being on planes, even though I walk into one at piece with the fact that I might not get off. I love the shitty food, the snacks, the shitty movies, the weird/funny people and everything else.

My favorite airport is Narita, cause its Huge.

I never been on an airplane or anything to travel. Just by car, bike, and my own two feet. I am not sure if I would ever get on one. I mean, if I had to, I would. Are they as scary as they seem? I think it would be neat to travel by train. I would love to travel by train. A lot of movies I have seen and the people travel by train, it looks neat. Not like subways or anything where they just take you to another part of town. But, like those that you would use to travel to different states. I would think one of the best things about traveling, is meeting the freaks that come aboard.

Taking off and landing in an airplane is really fun.

I like airports. My girlfriend always makes fun of me because I like to get to an airport early and have time to hang out for a few hours before my flight. It gives you time and an excuse to really reflect (not to mention quality reading time).

I haven't been on a plane in over 10 years. I enjoyed flying, but really haven't had the need to do it. I imagine things are much different.

Id really love to fly on the Emirates ( or any other company which has them ). Fucking awesome plane. Bars, showers for first class, awesome seating and overall awesomely humungous plane. Looks epic, especially considering the biggest plane ive been on is a 747

EDIT: Yeah Dakryn, I seemed to have pushed those out of my mind. Those are horrible,everywhere you go.

I've only flown on Southwest, JetBlue and some other one I don't remember.

But anyways spending time in Airports is always pretty fun as well, though repeatedly waiting in one gets tiring/boring (i.e. Chicago Midway, LAX, and McCarran).

I like international flights between Korea and Japan. You get all the VIP treatment you do on normal longer international flights but the actual flight is like 75 minutes.

Being on the plane itself isn't so great but it's neat to people watch. Sometimes you meet friendly people. I've made friends on flights before, it's not impossible despite heightened security and paranoia.

Delta kind of blows chunks but I have the most miles with them. They're the only airline that still uses exclusively 747-400s for Asia-USA flights and there are no seatback monitors. Props for serving shrimp and white wine aboard though!

Continental is the best American carrier IMO. Flown with them to/from Europe a bunch of times and they were always good. Had a really bitchy flight attendant on American Airlines from Tokyo to Chicago once, someone who couldn't speak English tapped her on the shoulder and she hollered "YOU DON'T TOUCH ME YOU TALK TO ME YOUNG MAN."

I used to be afraid of airplanes when I was a kid. Not anymore though.Flying is so much fun. In two months from now I'll be flying to the US to visit my uncle's family who live in Buffalo Grove near Chicago.

JAL has awesome service. Me and my father got awesome meals, 6 Sake bottles, awesome snacks, awesome service. Great flight overall, except the entertainment was a little subpar