airports, airplanes, airlines, etc

Switzerland, could be worse dude!

I have thought about being a flight attendant but it would be taking a $25,000/year pay cut and extremely hard work, and I would probably get real sick of serving soft drinks to cranky passengers and cleaning up barf.

I hate airports, because even though I love travelling, I hate delays, hate crowds and above all hate saying goodbye to my girlfriend because we have been doing an on-off long distance relationship for 3 years.

I just got back to Perth after spending basically 2 days at the airport because of this volcano bullshit. My flight wasn't affected, but my girlfriend's was so I waited with her. And the dicks at AirAsia wouldn't let me change my flight even though there were plenty of vacancies, so I ended up paying for 2 return flights and then had to rock up to work today without any sleep.

Spending 2 weeks in Thailand was awesome though.

Saying goodbye at the airport is probably the worst feeling in the world. Or that moment when you're about to board a plane after a great vacation and think "hm what if I just didn't?"

I had a moment like that at a train station in Mannheim. I was having an amazing time and I had one day left on my all-Germany railpass that was good for two people. Really took effort not to grab my friend and jump on the train headed for Berlin rather than get on the train headed for the airport.