Airports/Airplanes

Maybe Czechs are a bunch of freaks who stand on train platforms taking pictures of the daily commuter trains. XD

Hah there was this freak in TV who did nothing but filming trains passing by and he had like absurd amount of these videos. Like, days of passing trains.

Yeah every culture's got its train nerds. I get excited about riding the shinkansen in Japan but I think that's ok because 300 km/hr is FAST.

The saddest story ever: A guy in my hometown in upstate New York was a huge train enthusiast, and he had been collecting train paraphenalia since his childhood (his dad was a conductor). Like his whole house was full of train memorabilia, historic timetables and uniforms and stuff. Anyway, there was a freak gas valve explosion and it took out his entire house, killing his beloved cats and wiping out all his train stuff.

And people want me to justify my atheism!

Hey Vilden what do you think about Japanese trains? the new "Sonic/Kamome" limited express ones for JR Kyushu are awesome IMO
I'm not that familiar with japanese trains tbh, but from what I've read they seem to have some pretty neat ones. Shinkansen looks fucking futuristic. :p
When it comes to high speed train my heart has always been with the German ICE-trains though, the third generation also tops over 300km/h but the older ones are my favorites. Lots to do with them being featured in old Märklin-cataloges and all. ;)

But heavy as fuck cargo trains are still cooler, there is something special about multiples of really strong locos crawling up through the mountains with a trail of cars that appears to never end after them. :)

I'm not that familiar with japanese trains tbh, but from what I've read they seem to have some pretty neat ones. Shinkansen looks fucking futuristic. :p
When it comes to high speed train my heart has always been with the German ICE-trains though, the third generation also tops over 300km/h but the older ones are my favorites. Lots to do with them being featured in old Märklin-cataloges and all. ;)

But heavy as fuck cargo trains are still cooler, there is something special about multiples of really strong locos crawling up through the mountains with a trail of cars that appears to never end after them. :)

ICE-trains are pretty cool, I rode one once but it was only 20 minutes from Karlsruhe to Freiburg. The Tokyu/Limited Express trains in Japan are pretty similar.

Cargo trains are cool. Your job sounds pretty badass.

Only in Scandinavia would a snowstorm cancelling all flights be that nice and efficient.

Well this seems to have been a very special case. I wasnt flying a low price airline either. If I had I would probaby have to book and pay for a whole new flight. Now I flew with SAS and they had great customer service. A pleasant experience despite the obvious headache of not coming home in time (or even the same day I was supposed to).