Album #5

hi steve, thanks for the reply and for telling us how things work for you... always interesting to know ;)

as for the delay, no prob as i suppose more time spent now will save it at the end
recording in England sounds good to me - always in favour of homemade material :headbang:

It's a shame how it always comes down to money, eh? No problem whatsoever about the delay. I actually was surprised you were able to set such a tight deadline for yourself in the first place. As long as the quality of the album is awesome, we'll gladly wait a little longer for it!

Will you be recording at the Thin Ice studios? Karl is said to be a very great guy to work with in the studio, and you worked there before, right?

Yeah we recorded everything apart from the last album at Thin Ice. Karl is a great guy to work with....one of the best. This time round we will be somewhere different again unfortunately......again, mainly an economic decision more than anything else

Is the choice of studio confirmed then? I guess a Mr. Garavello might be playing a part in the recording process? Mates rates :lol:

If he does then they so need to redo "When I'm Gone" with old and new vocalists...

And Steve I am actually GLAD you delayed the album so you can produce it better. I am a Wintersun fan and I have been waiting on "Time" for what seems like forever, I know that there is a ton of work going into that album. Even though waiting for forever is fun a few months longer of a wait for an album that is 10x better is totally worth it. Take however long you guys need to find your sound and get it perfect. We all understand that it much be a major pain to have to basically reform Power Quest and then try to find out how to make the style suit all of you! Best of luck!

Great rehearsal session this weekend.......last song (and title track) nailed! It's a monster...both in terms of the song and the length of the song. We recorded that and 2 others from last session "live" and they sound kick ass! The more we play these songs (and work together as a band) the more convinced I am by this new record.....I really think it's going to be the best PQ album yet!