album of the year(so far...)

1.Suffocation
2.Exodus
3.Deathspell Omega
4.Deicide
5.Dismember

Should have the new Countess sometime next week, so it'll definetly be up there, if the reviews I've read are any indication.

Well, not sure if the last Psychotogen was released in 2003 or 2004, but since someone else posted it, I'll add my vote for them. The Calculus Of Evil was a wonderful technical death album.

As of right now, probably:

VAST-Nude
Into Eternity-Buried In Oblivion
Tortoise-It's All Around You

However, there's lots that I haven't heard yet:

Neurosis-The Eye of Every Storm
Insomnium-Since The Day It All Came Down
Beyond the Embrace-Insect Song
Winds-The Imaginary Direction of Time
Orphaned Land-Mabool
Mum-Summer Make Good
New Dillinger Escape Plan
New Cryptopsy
Pain of Salvation-BE

Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden

one of the best ones this year. Either you hate it or you love it, seems like what people have been with this one. Seems like everyone cant cope with the fact that Barlow is out of the band. Deal with it, its different, but no need to diss the music just because Barlow is gone, its a great album, one i think is a classic.

EternalMetal said:

one of the best ones this year. Either you hate it or you love it, seems like what people have been with this one. Seems like everyone cant cope with the fact that Barlow is out of the band. Deal with it, its different, but no need to diss the music just because Barlow is gone, its a great album, one i think is a classic.

No, I hate it because the music sucks. Schaffer can't get over how good he thinks he is, so it's hampering him from writing a good song(although Greenface is awesome). Ripper > Barlow anyday.

So far I like:

Orphaned Land - Mabool
Anata - Under A Stone With No Inscription
Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm
Arsis - A Celebration Of Guilt
Vehemence - Helping The World To See

I'm really looking forward to the new Borknagar too.

Right now it is a little up in the air for me and way too early to decide. If it had to come down to 2 or 3 I would go with....

Edguy - Hellfire Club
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned

There are many other great new ones out including...

Dionysus - Anima Mundi
Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi (Could be a 2003 album for some, depends if you are from Europe or America)
Thunderstone - The Burning
Force Of Evil - Force Of Evil
Primal Fear - Devil's Ground
W.A.S.P. - The Neon God Part 1 The Rise
TNT - My Religion

SlaughterofSoul said:
No, I hate it because the music sucks. Schaffer can't get over how good he thinks he is, so it's hampering him from writing a good song(although Greenface is awesome). Ripper > Barlow anyday.

well, thats your opinion. I think the music fucking rocks. Schaffer may seem a little up their with his interniews and such, but i heard hes actually a good guy. I really think it is a great work of music, cant see how people can say the music is bad, but i guess music is all taste anyway.

Necrophagist - Epitaph

Textures - polars

Amaran - pristine in bondage

Gadget - remote

Capharnaum - fractured, Commit Suicide - synthetics, Crowpath - red on chrome, Arsis - celebration, et al

Orphaned Land