Album of the year

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
I know there's a best of thread posted already but it is a long list... much too long for this lazy bastard. :) So here is an easy one... what was you favorite album of the 2003?

Mine was:
Usurper - Twilight Dominion. This album caught me off gaurd, never thought I'd like it. The guitar sound is so thick and heavy it's crazy! They have just enough old school in them to lure me in, but they are doing something new at the same time. I don't like their older stuff but this one rules. Fans of late 80's thrash should give this a listen.

Undoubtely Star One - "Live On Earth" that album blow me off my socks! (and I was wearing combat boots at the time):loco: :headbang:

You got it, my man! Rabbit Don't Come Easy just slays all. They are my absolute favorite band and this is without a doubt one of their top releases...classic yet modern. I got to see them live in NYC and it was the greatest fucking experience of my entire life...Happy, Happy Helloween!

I gotta go with KING DIAMOND, the PUPPETMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't go a day without playing this one or at least singing it in my head....Great riffs! Haven't liked an album this much (as far as not being able to get it outta the car) in a loooooong time. This is my favorite metal album of 2003!

I know it's only ONE album, Greeno but I gotta give honorable mention to OVERKILL Killbox 13. I'll agree with Triumphant Apostle on that one. It was very close for me, but KD wins out....

NOW on a totally opposite spectrum, in the "pop" world...if you call it pop...it ain't really blues or rock...but a little lighter/cool, though is the new JOHNNY LANG cd, "Long Time Comin'. I am not normally a fan of his but that album is great! He's a true songwriter.

and on the COUNTRY tip, I recommend Dwight Yoakam's Population Me.

Sorry to ramble but I gotta represent!
Ted

Triumphant Apostle said:
In my opinion that would be Overkill-Killbox 13. I haven't been able to put one of their albums in my top five since 1997. A monster album. Too bad they are so overlooked by some people :confused:

Unfortunetly Overkill will always be overlooked it seems But yes Killbox is a Monster Album :D

DrillSergeant said:
Kreator - Live Kreation

Just can't understand why nobody ever mentioned this one...

OH SHIT, I THOUGHT THAT ONE WAS 2002

DEFINITELY THEN: LIVE KREATION EVEN IF ONLY CD1 WAS RELEASED.

PUPPETMASTER WAS ALRIGHT. I LIKED IT ALOT WHEN IT WAS NEW, BUT THE CATCHY CHORUSES LOST THEIR CHARM FAST.

Figure Number Five by Soilwork!!!!!

HELL YEAH THAT ALBUM WAS THE BEST!!!!

HAHAHA, just kidding, i liked it, but it wasnt the best.... i would say zyklon's Aeon had to be the best album released this year, then MAYBE dimmu Borgir's Death Cult Armaggedon. Even tho its not old school metal, if you are looking for something new, check out those 2 bands.

peace out