Best Album Of The Year?

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
We have the Top 10 thread going but I was wondering what album would get your vote for BEST ALBUM OF 2004? Only 1 vote so don't list a bunch of discs (save that for your top 10 list). Maybe we could pick a "UM Old School Album Of The Year" after everyone posts their choice. We should do this every year.

My vote goes to--

Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned

In my view, the best record of 2004 (as well as the best record since 1993, My Dying Bride's "Turn Loose the Swans") is:

Ayreon - The Human Equation.
Easily the most emotional record in years! Perfect from start to finish. Literally dozens of musicians & vocalists & tons of instruments!

Heck, this record is awesome inspite of the presence of chode-smoker James LaBrie!

B00020QZNO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

stream_cover.jpg

Vision Divine - Stream Of Consciousness

The latest album of Vision Divine with new singer Michele Luppi had been the surprise of the year for me. A very good album with strong melodies and great songs.

If you have not heard this album yet go and check it out.

I battled with this decision since November. I've been trying to decide between Ayreon - The Human Equation and Orphaned Land - Mabool. After much inner turmoil, I finally made my decision, but by only the narrowest of margins.

Ayreon - The Human Equation

Orphanded Land came so close though, that if I had the power I'd call them co-MVPs of 2004. They both deserve it for going above and beyond what any other metal band attempted.

The votes so far-----

3 = Ayreon - The Human Equation
2 = Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
2 = Drunkard - Hellish Metal Dominate
1 = Vision Divine - Stream Of Consciousness
1 = Evergrey - Inner Circle

The votes so far-----

3 = Ayreon - The Human Equation
3 = Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
2 = Drunkard - Hellish Metal Dominate
2 = Evergrey - Inner Circle
1 = Vision Divine - Stream Of Consciousness