Album poll- which one are you?

Which describes your tastes the best?

• I like the first two or three albums, the rest doesn't even come close.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • The first half of their catalogue is much better than the more recent albums.

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • MAYH, Still Life & BWP are the best, or some combonation of the three.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Blackwater Park is where the great albums began, the recent half is the best.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Heard Ghost Reveries and loved it, new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heard one of the older albums (1st half, pre BWP), new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Heard Still Life, BWP, Deliverance or Damnation, new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the albums are great in a way, it's too close for me to say one era is clearly better.

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • Have a few scattered favorites, some are hits some are misses (be specific if you want to).

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Don't own an album yet, just starting to get curious about Opeth.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Stormwatch said:
The best part is the fact that your post there is so badly written :p

So again, instead of trying to understand me, you bash me.

I feel love around here.

Don't think bashing me will scare me away. It may seem that I'm a "noob" or whatever you call them around here, but I've been on many forums, and I know this procedure.

Bash the new poster, because you are one of the "elite" of this forum. Something like that, right?

Pathetic little guy.

I think all the albums are great in their own way... If I didnt choose that option I might have to go with the first half of their catelogue though

Morningrise and Orchid just kick endless amounts of ass. Still Life is up there, too, but doesn't compare to BWP. I wasn't really a fan Deliverance and Damnation, but GR has revived my allegiance, even if it is too overproduced compared to the first two.

The_Crow_ said:
So again, instead of trying to understand me, you bash me.

I feel love around here.

Don't think bashing me will scare me away. It may seem that I'm a "noob" or whatever you call them around here, but I've been on many forums, and I know this procedure.

Bash the new poster, because you are one of the "elite" of this forum. Something like that, right?

Pathetic little guy.

Dude, chill man. The problem with the elite and the noobs are that they both can't stand each and are belligerent because neither gets when the other is just being sarcastic, but goodnatured. He wasn't trying to flame you or bash you or whatever.

Chill out man, and his second post was just laughing, it is funny that you talked about the spelling and then had "wheter", etc. Just laughing at a little typo.

Cheers.

MAYH, Still Life & BWP are the best, or some combination of the three...

But every album is still excellent. I'd say those three are 10/10 albums and the others something like 9,5/10...

I did scattered favorites. My favorite album list looks something like

1. Still Life
2. Morningrise
3. Blackwater Park
4. It's kind of hard to pick after this point.

I'm not going to pick certain albums because I love them all for various reasons , which I'm too tired to list at this time ... :zzz:

well, i can't choose an era...
i really like the 1st 2 albums, love mayh, sl and bwp and the last 3 are great too...
the variety is great... something for different moods...

Bah, I clearly messed up really bad on this poll. Anyone who's favorite is BWP, SL of MAYH is probably going to vote for that option, which gives it sort of a bias. And there are probably plenty of people who like the first 2 albums more, but the way I phrased it was a little extreme... "The rest don't even come close."

So I flubbed a little bit, but I still got the kind of response I thought I would.

The three albums in choice #3 get a lot of votes because it's before they became more "Mainstream sounding" (Not my claim but I've heard it many times before), and after they broke out of obscurity.
The early releases get 10-15% of the vote, which would probably be higher if every member of the board had heard every Opeth album.
Only a few like the recent half more, which surprised me.
Then of course, the poll is currently at 53.33% of us who find it either impossible or too close to call which era is signifigantly better. Well that's just Opeth for you I guess. With a lot of bands you could create this poll and the fanboys would come out saying "THEY'RE ALL GRATE" and not really mean it, but with Opeth I believe it's the truth. I can listen to all 8 albums and not be let down by one (Damnation maybe).

I'm a little surprised at how few of us have only heard one specific album and have just started posting.. All three of those options have 0%. There are 2 Opeth beginners that voted, but still, only 2? I find it hard to believe that there's no one kicking around the forum that has only heard Ghost Reveries, or has only heard Blackwater Park.

Zivilyn said:
I can listen to all 8 albums and not be let down by one.

I find it hard to believe that there's no one kicking around the forum that has only heard Ghost Reveries, or has only heard Blackwater Park.

I agree about listening to all 8 albums still and enjoying them fully. But I have only taken Opeth's 8 albums in within the last two years, I haven't been a fan since the beginning.

I find it hard to believe about that, too, but a lot of new people that come to forums don't post at first.