Album poll- which one are you?

Which describes your tastes the best?

• I like the first two or three albums, the rest doesn't even come close.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • The first half of their catalogue is much better than the more recent albums.

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • MAYH, Still Life & BWP are the best, or some combonation of the three.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Blackwater Park is where the great albums began, the recent half is the best.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Heard Ghost Reveries and loved it, new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heard one of the older albums (1st half, pre BWP), new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Heard Still Life, BWP, Deliverance or Damnation, new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the albums are great in a way, it's too close for me to say one era is clearly better.

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • Have a few scattered favorites, some are hits some are misses (be specific if you want to).

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Don't own an album yet, just starting to get curious about Opeth.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
vampyrouss said:
"All of the albums are great in a way, it's too close for me to say one era is clearly better."

But Blackwater Park and Morningrise are my favourites but I wasn't allowed to choose that, so this is the closest option to it, as they are all good anyway.

Yeah same here, along with Still Life. So I chose that too.

I'm dumb, I've missed this thread entirely. I voted what the majority did. Seriously, there is no way in hell I could rate one Opeth album over another. I own all 8 of them (The real ones, not downloaded dammit!) and they all have their good and great parts. Opeth is a very unique band. If they make a song that I might think sounds "bad" I try and find a way to like it anyway. :) For instance, I could not stand the entire Damnation album when I first heard it. This was a very naive thought. I finally realized after a few listens and from people's comments on this board, that "Hey, this isn't pansy music, it's progressive rock!" which is a genre I like almost as much as progressive or death metal. I really find no problems with any of their songs or albums, even Ghost Reveries, which seems to be one people have the most problems with.

It's about damn time there is a good thread on here.

- OMG LOOK! The Somewhat Fat Guitarist actually made a semi-intelligent post!!!