Album poll- which one are you?

Which describes your tastes the best?

• I like the first two or three albums, the rest doesn't even come close.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • The first half of their catalogue is much better than the more recent albums.

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • MAYH, Still Life & BWP are the best, or some combonation of the three.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Blackwater Park is where the great albums began, the recent half is the best.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Heard Ghost Reveries and loved it, new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heard one of the older albums (1st half, pre BWP), new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Heard Still Life, BWP, Deliverance or Damnation, new to anything else they've done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the albums are great in a way, it's too close for me to say one era is clearly better.

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • Have a few scattered favorites, some are hits some are misses (be specific if you want to).

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Don't own an album yet, just starting to get curious about Opeth.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Zivilyn

I'm long winded
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Just curious to see what the general consensus is on this board. Don't be ashamed to say you prefer a certain group of albums compared to another group, if anyone bashes you for it they need a life. Give some reasons if you would like.

I personally like all of the albums in their own way. I could definetly rank the 1-8, but the difference between 2-7 isn't too great, it's just personal song preference.

Look again.

And by the way, with the third option, just because one of the three is your favorite, don't vote for it. The option means you think those three are miles ahead of the rest.

What a fanboy-ish poll this is, huh? :tickled:
I don't care, I'll admit to it. Opeth is good shit. And it's not like I got anything better to do right now anyway.

Zivilyn said:
Just curious to see what the general consensus is on this board. Don't be ashamed to say you prefer a certain group of albums compared to another group, if anyone bashes you for it they need a life. Give some reasons if you would like.

I personally like all of the albums in their own way. I could definetly rank the 1-8, but the difference between 2-7 isn't too great, it's just personal song preference.
You could at least spell the poll options correctly.

"All of the albums are great in a way, it's too close for me to say one era is clearly better."

But Blackwater Park and Morningrise are my favourites but I wasn't allowed to choose that, so this is the closest option to it, as they are all good anyway.

blimey said:
You could at least spell the poll options correctly.

What the hell are you talking about? You mean say Blackwater Park instead of BWP? Are you really that anal? I looked at the options and didn't find anything misspelled. I may have left out an M, because my M key is on the fritz.

Zivilyn said:
What the hell are you talking about? You mean say Blackwater Park instead of BWP? Are you really that anal? I looked at the options and didn't find anything misspelled. I may have left out an M, because my M key is on the fritz.

Look closer. "combonation"

The_Crow_ said:
Look closer. "combonation"

OH NO!! He spelt combination wrong, and now I can't understand what he meant!!! Help me!!!! :Smug:

Deliverance is my favourite, being a big DM fan. But it's all good. Damnation and GR are my least favourite though, so it's possible they're going downhill all the way for me....:erk:

Stormwatch said:
OH NO!! He spelt combination wrong, and now I can't understand what he meant!!! Help me!!!! :Smug:

Deliverance is my favourite, being a big DM fan. But it's all good. Damnation and GR are my least favourite though, so it's possible they're going downhill all the way for me....:erk:

It's fun pretending to be immature is it? Or are you just immature?

I don't give a rats ass about wheter he wrote it wrong or not.
I was just helping him see his mistake. You do know you learn from your mistakes, no? - I guarantee you that he'll never write that word wrong again.

I almost won the spelling bee in fourth grade, but I spelled arid the way the deodorant company spells it. :Smug:

So the second O is an I, close enough. If I was thinking combine, I would have had it right. But I was thinking combo, because of my fat little Burger King kid upbringing.

The_Crow_ said:
It's fun pretending to be immature is it? Or are you just immature?

I don't give a rats ass about wheter he wrote it wrong or not.
I was just helping him see his mistake. You do know you learn from your mistakes, no? - I guarantee you that he'll never write that word wrong again.

The best part is the fact that your post there is so badly written :p