• 36 - 40

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 41 - 45

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • over 45

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Ibsen
I think I'm not alone when I say that mental and emotional maturity are more important factors than physical maturity. There are cases when even a teen is more mature than an adult who is much older.

Oh, believe me... I'm well aware of that fact. You should see some of the people I work with. I have known a couple of teenagers that are some of the most mature people I've known still to this day. I know a few over fifty year olds that make me want to vomit in disgust. Maturity isn't gained by simply not dying. It's gained through experience, and most importantly through learning from those experiences. Yeah, I know. That's totally how I see things. I probably didn't state my case clear enough. I'm just curious about the actual age of the fans because Opeth seems to me like a band that you graduate to after years of metal, like in my case 14 years of metal. I'm a bit surprised at the results. I figured the average age would be in the late twenties, but I'm really happy to see that so many people in their teens and early twenties are fans of Opeth. That gives me renewed faith in the younger generation. And I don't mean to sound condescending. Thanks for the info everyone. It has been educational. BTW, I'm 27.

Originally posted by IanDork107
This thread has been done 6,475,384 times.

I was thinking more like 138 times. I was WAAAAYYYYY off eh? Yeah, I know it's kind of a gay thread idea, and rather redundant, and yes highly inaccurate since the older Opeth fans are probably spending more time with work and family than they are with message boards. But, I was just curious. I hope this isn't held against me. :bah:

Well, Im 33, and have been listening to Opeth since 1996, when alot of my music buddies really didn't care for them (they sing a different tune today, and it was MAYH that brought them around)...bleh

I didn't care, hearing Morningrise totally blew me away, and I have been a metal fan since 1982 (Priest, Dio, Iron Maiden \m/) and probably will be for ever...

But Opeth has been my favorite band since that day I listened to Morningrise and the song "Black Rose Immortal" - and it totally sank into the depths of my soul.

Dam, dont I sound like the uber fanboy...

BTW. I'm 18, and I've been listening to Opeth since I was 13 I guess...7th grade and I'm now a freshman in college.

I'M 39 LISTENING TO METAL FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. OPETH FAN FOR THE LAST 2.
MY SON , WHO'S 15, DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT A PERSON MY AGE CAN BE LISTENING TO OUR STUFF ALL THIS TIME. IT'S A METAL THING.

21, been a fan since 20. Wish I'd've discovered them earlier, but it took some months of desensitization to DethVox to get used to them, sooo that would have gone over my head.