Do You Play an Instrument? (everyone vote)

Do You Play an Instrument?

• Yes

Votes: 113 81.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 18.1%

• Total voters
veil the sky said:
hehe i think maybe it's because we all bully our bassist in DesolatioN that i enjoy winding them up. heheheheee

four strings
you've only got four strings
you've only got four strings

:D:D:D
:lol:

Oh yeah, you only have 6, 12, or occasionally 7. Bassists have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (two different versions of 8-stringers, mind you) and 12.

Besides, I can make people shit their pants with the BROWN NOTE, guitarists can't do that. :p

Guitar(20 years)...I don't think you have to be a musician to appreciate the brilliance of Opeth but it definately helps!Some of the riffs they come up with just make me shake my head in amazement.

Piano
Drums and Percussion
Guitar
Banjo
Bass
Flute
Vocals

I guess I'm pretty proficient at all of them.

NAD said:
:lol:

Oh yeah, you only have 6, 12, or occasionally 7. Bassists have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (two different versions of 8-stringers, mind you) and 12.

Besides, I can make people shit their pants with the BROWN NOTE, guitarists can't do that. :p

The Brown Note? What 's that?

The Brown Note is when you hit a bass note so low and so perfect that it rumbles everyone's intestines in the near vicinity so much that they shit their pants. The Brown Note is felt more than it is heard... :)

I wish I could remember where it came from, I first heard about it years ago.

I sang for a band in the 80's and didn't do much else.

Now I play guitar, bass, keyboards...I've expanded my horizions.

And yes, Opeth makes me strive to be a better musician every single day!

NAD said:
The Brown Note is when you hit a bass note so low and so perfect that it rumbles everyone's intestines in the near vicinity so much that they shit their pants. The Brown Note is felt more than it is heard... :)

I wish I could remember where it came from, I first heard about it years ago.

Whoa... how the hell do you play that!!! I wanna try it...

NAD - "The Brown Note is when you hit a bass note so low and so perfect that it rumbles everyone's intestines in the near vicinity so much that they shit their pants. The Brown Note is felt more than it is heard."

:lol: I will never forget that now. Deliberately trying to retain knowledge in school seemed impossible at times. Associate a word's meaning with shit, and somehow I'll remember it for all of eternity. Ah, "potty humor". The gift that keeps on giving. the brown note :lol:

Covered in dust but loved, my classical acoustic guitar, didj, alto sax, wooden flutes and African instruments.

Fallen said:
Guitar - 3years

I can play bass due to the knowledge and skills i've learnt from learning guitar.

and i really enjoy playing drums, whether i play them good is another thing all together.

im on the exact same boat as you, i play guitar for 3 years (maybe a bit less) i can play bass fine and i love playing drums even tho alll i can do its double kick really fast and do a standard beat, i practice my double kick on my new turbo2000 air drum kit, i dont sing even tho i CAN very well i think, i jus sometimet dont have the balls although id like to maybe try it with a band