Do You Play an Instrument? (everyone vote)

Do You Play an Instrument?

• Yes

Votes: 113 81.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 18.1%

• Total voters
Guitar - 3years

I can play bass due to the knowledge and skills i've learnt from learning guitar.

and i really enjoy playing drums, whether i play them good is another thing all together.

Fallen said:
Guitar - 3years

I can play bass due to the knowledge and skills i've learnt from learning guitar.

and i really enjoy playing drums, whether i play them good is another thing all together.

yeh all us guitarists can play bass

normally better than our bassists can

we don't really need 'em anyway :p

I am a guitarist.

I was actually into Opeth before I started playing guitar. Although, who here honestly doesn't appreciate their musicianship? That is what makes Opeth a great band. Unlike so many other bands out there, Opeth is a band that is trying to push the boundaries of music.

Guitar - 12 yrs?

And i think its more general, its metal that attracts musicians because it is largely music based. Whereas a lot of other genres are vocal based.

Bass - 11 years
Guitar - mostly knowledge gleaned from playing bass
Drums - have fooled around with them for a few years, getting an actual drumset tomorrow so I can learn.
Clarinet - played it for years, but haven't touched it in a long time.

veil the sky said:
yeh all us guitarists can play bass

normally better than our bassists can

we don't really need 'em anyway :p
HA! Only because you have shitty bassists. :D

Damn, the cheese stands alone. I saw one other person say they don't play an instrument. I don't. I was hoping to see proof there was an equal amount of both sides.

After reading the comments, I have to admit to myself if you love great music, why wouldn't you try to make something equally amazing yourself.

Good question, david411.
yes.gif
So, what do you think? Are all the musicians in this part of the Opeth forum and all the non-musicians in the Off Topic section?