album ratings

I hope you realize that I posted 7 links out of about 200 that I saw that had it listed as Kveldsjanger.

You can look up the root words in a dictionary, that doesn't say anything about how they would be combined.

The sad fact is that I have posted by far the most evidence of my statement being correct, and your little laughing emoticons only shows your insecurity because my argument is definitely more sound than anyone elses in here.

And to the Kveldssanger moron, I already had a link from the End that had it as Kveldsjanger... quit trying to defend your misspelled name in such a laughable way.

Blah blah blah Official Site blah blah blah.

I demand more proof than one website, you little bitches. Quit crying and fucking think, sheep.

And to the moron who repped me from this thread: I don't normally say this, but you are a weak-willed pussy.

The cd doesnt have to be called anything "real" just whatever the hell the band wants to call it........

So, a CD is called whatever the band has decided to call the cd? That's the general rule. I mean, they could call it

dsgjadsjgsgbq;wekg'jklfdw;jnlgdwqjohgr;jnbogr;jonbgr;jbogrb;jgr;jbkg

And despite the fact that is retarded, that would be the CD name!

Luminous Aether, do you have the Ulver Trilogy Box (with the first three albums on vinyl + a large booklet)?

I just had a view into the booklet and it´s clearly spelled "Kveldssanger" there. Can´t imagine that Garm didn´t say anything regarding all those "misspellings" on official stuff (website + box).
Just because you asked for a second proof...

Btw, another famous (mis-)spelling is "Kveldsfanger".
Seach google for it....I don´t feel any need to link 20 websites now...

Are there any Norwegians on the board that can tell us their point of view?

LuminousAether said:
And to the moron who repped me from this thread: I don't normally say this, but you are a weak-willed pussy.
That was me. :wave: I was trying to apologize in advance, but your logic was just so flawed I had to do it. Glad you were a big man about it and turned off your reputation. :Spin:

Have you also read the liner notes? That second S in Kveldssanger is clearly used as an S several times in them. It is very similar to both the J and the F, but given that OFFICIAL evidence points to it being spelled Kveldssanger, that's what I have always gone with.

LuminousAether said:
Blah blah blah Official Site blah blah blah.

I demand more proof than one website, you little bitches. Quit crying and fucking think, sheep.

Yeah guys, think for yourself!

Don't believe what the offical website tells you!

LIES!

:lol:

There seems to be two theories here.

1. Ulver makes an album which they call 'Kveldssanger', ('Evening Songs'), a title that describes the music quite well. However, on the album they use 'gothic type' (or whatever it's called in english), which is very hard to read, especially since it has two different ways of writing 's'. For this reason, those who don't know norwegian misread the title as 'Kvelsjanger' or 'Kveldsfanger'.

2. Ulver makes an album which they call 'Kveldsjanger' ('Evening Janger'?) a nonsense title - but they happen to misspell this on the album so that it says 'Kveldssanger' - and what a coincidence, this 'misspelling' is not only a real word, it is also a very fitting title! Unbelievable! And that's not all - they do the SAME misspelling on the official website!!! On various websites, however, they realize that the title must be 'Kveldsjanger', although this word doesn't make any sense.

Decide for yourself.

Thanks!

As for rating the album... I was disappointed at first, I expected much more flute and cello and stuff, it was too simple. But this simplicity really works, especially when you play the whole trilogy - some calm Janger is just what you need between two intense black metal albums! So in itself I give it an 8, as a part of the trilogy 10.

Actually, Skimmer, the thread started as a rating for all the albums, before it ended to this mature kind of conversation :p Anyway, welcome... :D Things are usually more peaceful around here (everyone hold their breath for A Quick Fix For Melancholy, so less time to argue :D )

Things aren't usually more peaceful around here. The simple fact is that things usually aren't alive here. This is probably one of the least active message boards I have seen, it is completely useless. The Jester Records board is much, much better.

Skimmertunn said:
There seems to be two theories here.

1. Ulver makes an album which they call 'Kveldssanger', ('Evening Songs'), a title that describes the music quite well. However, on the album they use 'gothic type' (or whatever it's called in english), which is very hard to read, especially since it has two different ways of writing 's'. For this reason, those who don't know norwegian misread the title as 'Kvelsjanger' or 'Kveldsfanger'.

2. Ulver makes an album which they call 'Kveldsjanger' ('Evening Janger'?) a nonsense title - but they happen to misspell this on the album so that it says 'Kveldssanger' - and what a coincidence, this 'misspelling' is not only a real word, it is also a very fitting title! Unbelievable! And that's not all - they do the SAME misspelling on the official website!!! On various websites, however, they realize that the title must be 'Kveldsjanger', although this word doesn't make any sense.

Decide for yourself.

so true man! :lol:

LuminousAether said:
Because it is made by "infallible" humans. :rolleyes:

Here's some proof behind my claim:

http://strefa.rockmetal.art.pl/Sylwetki/ulver.htm

Hmmm... enough proof yet?

NOOO :Spin:

look in the polish text and it says: Kolejne dzieło """"""Kveldssanger"""""" wprowadziło w jeszcze większe :D

the fact that a lot of pages put Kveldsjanger is because it looks like a "J" :wave: