Great albums with less than 100 RYM ratings

yall knew these were coming:

Wolfnacht - Heidentum
R-4346367-1362398407-4368.jpeg.jpg

The Shadow Order - Raise the Banners
R-2215294-1517518410-4863.jpeg.jpg

two of my favourite black metal albums, both from greece but not sounding greek at all. one is a war between pagans and aliens, the other is the ethereal war cry of their long-forgotten ghosts. neither is a fan of the jews, and i think we can all get behind that! the latter has a drum machine, processed vocals, inconsistent production and volume, and it sounds fucking perfect. @CiG @Dazed and Brutal @TechnicalBarbarity @Vegard Pompey @HamburgerBoy @Serjeant Grumbles all rated the shadow order pretty high in the mixtape game. @HamburgerBoy and @Vegard Pompey liked the wolfnacht song too, as did @Krow.

Reactions: CiG
Psychiatric Regurgitation - Blood, Cum, and Tears

Only 4 ratings for this album (soon to ve 5.) Dallas, TX band boasting a weirdo blend of Brutal Death Metal, Goregrind, Black Metal, and Alf Svensson era At the Gates riffage.

18593.jpg

14225.jpg

Two demos from Illinois thrashers Sindrome, Into the Halls of Extermination and Vault of Inner Conscience. 63 and 68 ratings, respectively. Both demos were compiled along with a live show on the Resurrection: The Complete Collection which has even less ratings than both demos. Halls is way more in the early death/thrash realm whereas on Vault they went for a more tech/sci-fi inspired sound.

yall knew these were coming:

Wolfnacht - Heidentum
R-4346367-1362398407-4368.jpeg.jpg

The Shadow Order - Raise the Banners
R-2215294-1517518410-4863.jpeg.jpg

two of my favourite black metal albums, both from greece but not sounding greek at all. one is a war between pagans and aliens, the other is the ethereal war cry of their long-forgotten ghosts. neither is a fan of the jews, and i think we can all get behind that! the latter has a drum machine, processed vocals, inconsistent production and volume, and it sounds fucking perfect. @CiG @Dazed and Brutal @TechnicalBarbarity @Vegard Pompey @HamburgerBoy @Serjeant Grumbles all rated the shadow order pretty high in the mixtape game. @HamburgerBoy and @Vegard Pompey liked the wolfnacht song too, as did @Krow.

i have a few Wolfnacht albums at this point including that debut. None are as interesting as that one but good band.

a0909964419_10.jpg

Innsmouth Consumed by Elder Sign. 99 ratings, but not super new or anything so I get to point it out. A nice slab of slowed down black/death metal, with phenomenal artwork amiright?

Wasn't this Doden's avatar?

R-1275315-1205646108.jpeg.jpg

Misery's Omen - Hope Dies (2008)

I love this album. Side project from a couple of the Stargazer guys and I prefer it to anything under the Stargazer moniker. I guess you'd loosely call it black/doom but that doesn't really do it justice as it has elements of trad and death as well and has an overall vibe that is much more fun than the name or artwork suggests. 85 ratings @ 3.40 but deserves better.

52016.jpg

One rating. One fucking rating. Canadian death metal with an affinity for acoustic guitars and earthy atmospherics. Much like Embrionic Death, it's most lamentable these guys never made it past the demo stage because they could have easily taken this sound in a more progressive direction on a full album.

While I wouldn't call it "great" in the sense that this is one of my overall favourite albums, it's an album I still enjoy listening to when I revisit it every once in a while. I'd classify the music as thrash metal with (mostly) more complex song structures and clean powerful vocals. The straightest and most obvious thrash metal song is probably "Highlander", whereas parts of some of the other songs might also fall into other metal categories. The overall sound is rather clean and heading in the direction of a band like Toxik, but the clean vocals - which I really like a lot - are not high-pitched. I can't think of any other albums which sound, music- as well as vocals-wise, like this one, but maybe others can.

52016.jpg

One rating. One fucking rating. Canadian death metal with an affinity for acoustic guitars and earthy atmospherics. Much like Embrionic Death, it's most lamentable these guys never made it past the demo stage because they could have easily taken this sound in a more progressive direction on a full album.

Sick! I've only heard The Unspoken Truth demo, will have to check this one out now.

25963.jpg

25964.jpg

25965.jpg

Angizia's first three albums all have under 100 ratings. They all share similar avant-garde, circus, classical/operatic infused metal qualities with primarily harsh vocals. Not for the typical metal-head, but for the seekers of the weird.

Reactions: Sophii and CiG
Onward - Evermoving
ab67616d0000b273d079434411b458d531b00636

inexplicable that this only has 89 ratings given how polished and hooky it is. one of my favourite power metal records of the 21st century, may be a tad sugary for some of you but the songwriting is undeniable. notable band members include toby knapp and the guy from crescent shield on vocals.