Albums currently kicking your ass

Quite a few awesome death metal albums this year!!

Tribulation%20the%20horror.gif

Gorod - Transcendence

Ive got to admit Im becoming a fanboy and so far everything i have heard by them is pur gold!

Borealis - Fall From Grace:devil:
Symphony X - Iconoclast:kickass:
Megadeth - Rust in Peace:worship:
Theocracy - As the World Bleeds:D
Viathyn - The Peregrine way:yow:

Gorod - Transcendence

Ive got to admit Im becoming a fanboy and so far everything i have heard by them is pur gold!

:kickass: I love that EP.

Im also a huge fan! One of the best technical death metal bands around today, all their albums are super solid. A Perfect Absolution might just be my AOTY.

Megadeth - Rust in Peace:worship:

:kickass:

:kickass: I love that EP.

Im also a huge fan! One of the best technical death metal bands around today, all their albums are super solid. A Perfect Absolution might just be my AOTY.

:kickass:

The ending riff of the title track on the ep is so fucking catchy. What a way to climax the song. I seriously have to rewind several times and turn the volume way up everytime i listen to it. AMAZING TO EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Gaza - He is Never Coming Back
JJEy6.jpg

No matter how many times I try, I can't find an album better from start to finish.

Gorod is techy goodness. They didn't win that many awards this year surprisingly.

Anata is another band that could become godly if they took a page or two out of Gorod´s book.

Personally I think Anata´s tech riffs rival Gorod´s but they havent yet matched Gorod´s songwriting skills and melody.

Anata is another band that could become godly if they took a page or two out of Gorod´s book.

Personally I think Anata´s tech riffs rival Gorod´s but they havent yet matched Gorod´s songwriting skills and melody.

I love technical death metal, and to be able to carve out your recognizable sound in tech-death is something very hard to do, and Gorod has definitely done that.

check these bands out, IMO they are the best when it comes to technical death metal.

Obscura
Gorod
Spawn of Possession
Origin
Psycroptic
Severed Savior

some other very good ones are Odious Mortem, The Faceless, Decrepit Birth, Brain Drill, Beyond Creation, Archspire and Arkaik(new album has been kicking my ass all over the place) ... im pretty sure im forgetting about a bunch of other great bands but this was a quick list i just threw together

:kickass: FUCK YES!

I love technical death metal, and to be able to carve out your recognizable sound in tech-death is something very hard to do, and Gorod has definitely done that.

check these bands out, IMO they are the best when it comes to technical death metal.

Obscura
Gorod
Spawn of Possession
Origin
Psycroptic
Severed Savior

some other very good ones are Odious Mortem, The Faceless, Decrepit Birth, Brain Drill, Beyond Creation, Archspire and Arkaik(new album has been kicking my ass all over the place) ... im pretty sure im forgetting about a bunch of other great bands but this was a quick list i just threw together

I like the technical stuff too - good list. I'd also add Nocturnus and Cynic (I remember when Nocturnus's "The Key" first came out - and was blown away. The used of keyboards in (death) metal back then was unheard of).

Yea, i didn't include any of the older bands. If so the list would have a lot of old classics ... i actually dont categorize the older technical death metal bands like Death, Gorguts, Atheist and so on with the newer tech-death bands of today.

edit: in my opinion, Necrophagist(who i am not a fan off) almost completely changed the sound of technical death metal more towards what we hear today.

Obscura
Gorod
Spawn of Possession
Origin
Psycroptic
Severed Savior

:kickass: FUCK YES!

Your forgetting Necrophagist, Trigger the bloodshed, Suffocation, Aborted, Decapitated, Cryptopsy, Aeon, Nile, Defeated Sanity, Devourment etc.

220px-Trigger_the_Bloodshed_Degenerate.jpg

Just found this band and holy fuck are they awesome... I probably passed by them while browsing since their name could easily be a shitty metalcore bands name.