Albums currently kicking your ass

Their first two albums are the old school gold btw, after that they reformed later with only one of the original members. It's still death/thrash but... modern sounding, I guess.

Startin' to rather enjoy me some deathy doom.

Ophis - Withered Shades
iO3OAl.jpg

Been on a brutal death metal kick
357gefa.jpg

Love these guys. Really wish I could find a copy of their second album in the states.

Decrepit%2BBirth%2B-%2BDiminishing%2BBetween%2BWorlds.jpg

And these guys... FUCK... ever wondered what would happen if a brutal death metal band was influenced by Death's later albums. Here it is.

yea, Decrepit Birth are top notch TDM. I can't seem to find my copies of And Time Begins and that album.:(

Polarity is awesome too, but it's more of a straight up tech death album(not that DBW isn't highly techy) so i don't know if you'd like it as much ... definitely less brutal.

I actually own Polarity too. Yeah, I like Diminishing better but I dont mind it and actually listen to it every once and a while.

Good luck. Brutal bands is all fucked up right now. I want it too but things look bad there. Hes over two months late on a bunch of orders.

Yeah I've been hearing horror stories. Kinda forgot which bands were signed there. :/

And since you got me in the mood for it...

Cephalotripsy - Promo 2011
FzEs8l.jpg

I'd be tempted to rank it above O:M too. Maybe a little less consistent, but it's definitely their most progressive and experimental, and despite many complaining about how it's too ballady/AOR-influenced, about half the tracks still full-on heavy/USPM, just with a unique sci-fi theme and synth presence. Even though a lot of the lyrics are pretty bad and not worth reading, it's just as musically-cohesive as O:M as well.

I'd be tempted to rank it above O:M too. Maybe a little less consistent, but it's definitely their most progressive and experimental, and despite many complaining about how it's too ballady/AOR-influenced, about half the tracks still full-on heavy/USPM, just with a unique sci-fi theme and synth presence. Even though a lot of the lyrics are pretty bad and not worth reading, it's just as musically-cohesive as O:M as well.

Yeah it's got some cheese to it but there's something about the flow and atmosphere of the whole thing that edges out Mindcrime. I'd heard Rage about a hundred times before Mindcrime even came out so when I put QR on, I go straight for Rage and then it's a toss up between Warning and Mindcrime.

tumblr_m59erlpcji1r4drlho1_cover.jpg

I love this album. Who else but Macabre would create an album about the life and death of this sick son-of-a-bitch? I enjoy Macabre's take on some classic tunes like "In The Army Now", "Jeffrey Dahmer and The Chocolate Factory" and "Coming to Chicago". Other standout songs are Drill Bit Lobotomy,McDahmers, Scrub a Dub Dub, Temple of Bones and Do The Dahmer. Listening to this album makes me want to :lol: and :puke:

tumblr_m59erlpcji1r4drlho1_cover.jpg

I love this album. Who else but Macabre would create an album about the life and death of this sick son-of-a-bitch? I enjoy Macabre's take on some classic tunes like "In The Army Now", "Jeffrey Dahmer and The Chocolate Factory" and "Coming to Chicago". Other standout songs are Drill Bit Lobotomy,McDahmers, Scrub a Dub Dub, Temple of Bones and Do The Dahmer. Listening to this album makes me want to :lol: and :puke:

Jeffery used to play with DOG GUTS DOG GUTS!