Albums currently kicking your ass

I thought this was an album I'd like one or two songs off of, and just stuck to those songs, but now I know the album as a whole is good. They have a unified, progressive anthemic thrash sound throughout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vader+-+Live+In+Japan+(1998).jpg

Is that the cover for 'The Western Front' or the compilation cd,from the couple of tracks i've heard from the new album it sounds fucking amazing.Cannot wait to get my hands on this.Evil Army-S/T kicking my ass atm.

DiD was a solid release imo, but the production killed it. Sounded like asshole.

I feel like all their early albums had that problem, but DiD was fine. War of Attrition and Destroy the Opposition both sounded like buttholes back when I downloaded them years ago, no matter how many different versions I got.

Both are bands formed in Stockholm between 1990 and 1991, started off with more standard death metal (more doom in Katatonia's case), but became more progressive and melodic as the years went by. Where Opeth took this and went full retard by trying to make bland-ass prog rock, Katatonia stuck to their roots and just made more adventurous death/doom and is the better band for it.

Both are bands formed in Stockholm between 1990 and 1991, started off with more standard death metal (more doom in Katatonia's case), but became more progressive and melodic as the years went by. Where Opeth took this and went full retard by trying to make bland-ass prog rock, Katatonia stuck to their roots and just made more adventurous death/doom and is the better band for it.

All :erk:worthy statements in bold.