Albums currently kicking your ass

285828.jpg

Any time showing off is given more importance than songwriting, I'm not interested. :p

I'm okay with technically dense and complex music, that's fine. But when the "band" seems more interested in having me watch a guitarist flap through scales and arpeggios, I get bored quickly. Even goddamn Buckethead is a master songwriter.

Gonna get shit for this, but I don't care.

Bring me the Horizon - Sempiternal
xpwrog1.jpg

I never, EVER liked this band, but a friend of mine sent me the link with this description: "It's like a -core version of White Pony era Deftones." You know what? That's an accurate description. It's pretty fucking rad. I'd never have guessed this was the same band that released that stupid "Suicide Season" album with a Deez Nuts guest spot.

I never, EVER liked this band, but a friend of mine sent me the link with this description: "It's like a -core version of White Pony era Deftones." You know what? That's an accurate description. It's pretty fucking rad. I'd never have guessed this was the same band that released that stupid "Suicide Season" album with a Deez Nuts guest spot.
My opinion on you has changed greatly.

Bring me the Horizon - Sempiternal
xpwrog1.jpg

Just as bad as their other stuff, Oliver Sykes is the worst vocalist of all time.

soilwork-the-living-infinite.jpg

Ohh Soilwork, the sound of my childhood. This is recently released, but still sounds nostalgic...

Sole-Creation-web.jpg

This band just gets better with each album. Must-have for fans of sludge.

Totally agree. I was a bit thrown off by the album art, but holy fuck is that a badass album.

Fuck yeah. It's one of those albums where if someone said "when you say heavy, what do you mean?" I'd just hand that to them. There it is. Heavy defined.

Dyscarnate - And So it Came to Pass
0kAofyT.jpg

DM + a bit of hardcore but not deathcore. Just skullsmashing and ridiculously awesome.