Albums currently kicking your ass

Leprosy.jpg

Oddly enough, I am also jamming this one out.

365945.jpg

Forgot this was coming out. Will be in my hands tomorrow, but until then, I really didnt want to wait. Absolutely the best melodic death/doom band, imo.

88_refuge_denied.jpg

Album never really did much for me previously, but today it's really kicking my ass. Not as different from Into the Mirror Black as I remember it being. And Warrel Dane was definitely one of the most intense trad/power singers in his prime.

CAIRO - CONFLICT & DREAMS

These guys were definatly at the top of the mountain when it comes to Prog/orchestral/rock.

The musicianship on this album is amazing. The keyboardist is crazy good but the guitarist unique style is what peaks my interest most.

ELP, Genesis, Yes and a hint of metal.

365945.jpg

Forgot this was coming out. Will be in my hands tomorrow, but until then, I really didnt want to wait. Absolutely the best melodic death/doom band, imo.

I might not have given it a thorough enough listen, but I bought it and was underwhelmed. Seemed like the weakest release to date from OT.

Antediluvian has a solid discography. Everything they've done has been golden IMO. Not sure how I feel about this against the other material, needs a few more spins. One thing is for certain, it doesn't disappoint in the least.

Antediluvian has a solid discography. Everything they've done has been golden IMO. Not sure how I feel about this against the other material, needs a few more spins. One thing is for certain, it doesn't disappoint in the least.

BTW I meant the stuff that came out this year not their other full length, their was a EP and demo's I heard that were awful.

I might not have given it a thorough enough listen, but I bought it and was underwhelmed. Seemed like the weakest release to date from OT.

They'll probably never top rain. From what I remember of Grey Dawn, I didnt like it at all, so that puts this one at either #2 or #3 with me.

Burzum+filosofem.jpg

Going old school tonight.

They'll probably never top rain. From what I remember of Grey Dawn, I didnt like it at all, so that puts this one at either #2 or #3 with me.

That's odd. I know some people thought the return release wasn't deep enough, but I liked it. Never heard anyone trash either of the original two albums.