Albums currently kicking your ass

I've had to drive with my windows open since my heater's busted and they fog up otherwise... playing this album with that cold fucking air just frosting everything, and a blizzard beating directly on my windshield late at night as I drove the highway, I'm pretty sure I had a revelation.

256072.jpg

I've had to drive with my windows open since my heater's busted and they fog up otherwise... playing this album with that cold fucking air just frosting everything, and a blizzard beating directly on my windshield late at night as I drove the highway, I'm pretty sure I had a revelation.

256072.jpg

I know what you mean. I have fairly long walks to my classes and its been pretty cold. There is just something about listening to black metal in the cold that is simply euphoric.

I know what you mean. I have fairly long walks to my classes and its been pretty cold. There is just something about listening to black metal in the cold that is simply euphoric.

For sure dude. For optimum euphoria, I find the following to be a pretty good loose representation of metal to listen to:

Winter- Black, funeral or traditional doom, or industrial
Spring- Progressive or power metal
Summer- Stoner and folk
Fall- Gothic or symphonic

There's exceptions of course, but generally these give me good feels.

256072.jpg

I like how the cover looks kinda like an ECM album. Perhaps intentional?

I dislike how it's an Ihsahn album and all.

For sure dude. For optimum euphoria, I find the following to be a pretty good loose representation of metal to listen to:

Winter- Black, funeral or traditional doom, or industrial
Spring- Progressive or power metal
Summer- Stoner and folk
Fall- Gothic or symphonic

There's exceptions of course, but generally these give me good feels.

Nice, I like that schedule pretty good. Only question is when to listen to death metal? All the time?

I feel like probably

fall - progressive death (opeth comes to mind)
summer - straight-up death, tech death
spring - melo-death
winter - straight up and brutal

idk though, nothing is as fitting as black metal in winter.