Albums currently kicking your ass

No, Ive just noticed after hearing a few of their songs you can almost start singing along to new lyrics without having heard it before.

EDIT: That'd probably be bad ass as fuck if they just busted out a gurgly slam right on the breakdown of a song. Ha!

And I'm not at all saying his singing is an issue. Just repetitive patterns and such throughout all of their material. Which may be due in part to the Irish folk thing they have going. So my criticism could just be ignorant nit-picking.

OCCULTATION-Silence-in-the-Ancestral-House.jpg

Occultation-"Silence In The Astral House"

First time I've ever heard this band. I think its doom, but with heavy Mercyful Fate influence. Its dark and creepy as fuck though. I really enjoy this.

EDIT: The singer is a chick, I guess. A bland, but not awful, singer. And its occult rock or avant garde doom or some shit. I forgot already. Its doomy enough to be doom for me, god damned super-sub-genres

Production-wise, what I'm hearing of Occultation sounds amazing. Thanks for the mention, definitely checking them out.

OCCULTATION-Silence-in-the-Ancestral-House.jpg

Occultation-"Silence In The Astral House"

First time I've ever heard this band. I think its doom, but with heavy Mercyful Fate influence. Its dark and creepy as fuck though. I really enjoy this.

EDIT: The singer is a chick, I guess. A bland, but not awful, singer. And its occult rock or avant garde doom or some shit. I forgot already. Its doomy enough to be doom for me, god damned super-sub-genres

Eh. It's OK I guess. I tried out the album in Spotify based on your recommendation but it is not really my cup of tea.

I guess I prefer something a bit more crunchy.

Eh. It's OK I guess. I tried out the album in Spotify based on your recommendation but it is not really my cup of tea.

I guess I prefer something a bit more crunchy.

My description wasn't great. Its not a style I know a lot about yet.

I listened to it just because I saw it. So I guess I had no expectations. Its not my style usually either, but it just has a really dark vibe to it and it stood out because it wasn't the same old shit I'm used to I suppose.

I really enjoyed it though.

acov_uid94243_795ee94ea6a22e5ccde91ed4ab4c722b.jpg

"Japanese Voivod" undersells these guys. Awesome weirdo proggy noisy metal/rock.

I fucking love that album. Psionic Illumination is beautiful.

I only discovered the excellence of that song relatively recently, but it's definitely top Feg for me now. The more glorious battle stuff MasterYoda is also excellent and there isn't a weak song on the whole thing, of course. The more I listen to it, the more I think it beats Traveller for first place.