Albums currently kicking your ass

stormofthelightsbane.jpg

They're sick. A whole new feel to their gloomy style. Its gloomy and twisted. Mmm. Between that and the latest Suffocation riff-fest I could keep myself happy through the rest of the year.

Slint - Spiderland
slint.jpg

Now this album cover is really lame, but my friend has been telling me to give them a listen for awhile and I could see why. Really interesting post-rock that needs a good pair of headphones.

They fucking own. Pure, straight, no frills, top tier thrash. Love them

EDIT: obviously in regards to NS, not that gay looking album you have there. What is that?

I have to agree with TNB in that I don't consider them pure no-frills thrash (some of their riffage is really unusual for its time and Nasty Ronnie's falsetto vox put it out there as well). The important point is that they own, of course.

That Marva Whitney album is practically a James Brown album with her singing. She has a very shrill and intense voice that is the exact opposite of homosexuality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDie0tv6DAg

432995.jpg

To a point, i like Municipal Waste... But Iron Reagan slaughters them in pretty well every regard and is easily the better crossover thrash band.