Albums currently kicking your ass

Compagni-Di-Baal-cover-2012-.jpg

Oh look that guys that likes metalcore is bad mouthing Possessed...

Church_of_misery-master_of_brutality.jpg

NWN must have bought some dudes personal cds. Seems like he only had a single copy of this, original press... For five bucks. :kickass:

I haven't heard a single TBDM song that sounded more like metalcore than some other form of metal, but maybe I've heard the wrong ones. Metalcore is the most poorly defined metal-related sub-genre.

EDIT: Dude, even the M-A calls them melodeath, and they're willing to label almost anything they don't like as metalcore.

TheBlackDahliaMurder-Everblack.jpg

There is nothing about this album to complain about. They play a heavier, faster, razor-sharp modern version of At The Gates. Its borderline tech at times. Aggressive and catchy at once. I can't believe they're still hated on...they've proved themselves 6 full lengths in a row. They're legitimate and no one will accept it.

Also, the sick vocals and fantastic lyrics.

Everyone here pretty much nailed it .. TBDM bascially play tech'd up melodeath, and are actually pretty solid. Ritual is definitely my favorite from them.

But weren't their first few releases (which i've never heard) metalcore? If so than i can see why Ozz would think the'yre a metalcore band + their name sure in the hell yell sounds "coreish".

I see the ATG comparison, but the riffing is significantly less interesting, the vocal delivery just has a certain angsty-ness to it and I'm not a fan of the production. Still, not a bad album, but doesn't stack up with ATG. Metalcore-ish.

Implying SOTS isn't already angsty as fuck, and that angstiness is somehow a defining element of metalcore.

I see the ATG comparison, but the riffing is significantly less interesting, the vocal delivery just has a certain angsty-ness to it and I'm not a fan of the production. Still, not a bad album, but doesn't stack up with ATG. Metalcore-ish.
Less interesting riffing? You're nuts. TBDM have some amazing riffs. They're quick, melodic, dark, catchy, and just enough tech to keep it all above average.

Raped In Hatred By Vines of Thorn is one of my all time favorite songs, too. Next to Deicide's Dead By Dawn, it might be the best song ever written about Evil Dead, musically and lyrically

If that chorus doesn't get your head banging I don't know what will

Last edited by a moderator: