Albums currently kicking your ass

I meant when the band was still called Asylum, not that album.

Sounds like any shitty second-rate grunge song with bad Anthrax riffs mixed in.

Last edited by a moderator:
cover_413882122012_r.jpg

154161.jpg

This guy can really do no wrong in my eyes (Or ears as the case may be?).

Solid melancholic black metal, with perfect amount of keys, ambient passages (Simulacrum of Mirrors), rhythmic mid paced guitar riffs, and fucking sick vocals. His least aggressive album imo, especially when compared to his newest, but still solid nonetheless.

people who aren't familiar with this should check it out, it's not much like their other stuff. way more wacky and oddball, way more '70s, lots of scorpions and icecross in there, and a few moments that seem way ahead of their time to me. the guitars do some really strange and beautiful stuff, it can transition from dumb to completely magical without warning. FROM THE FJORDS might be a useful comparison point from the same period - it's eccentric in a similar way, an essential curiosity with some moments of genius.

154161.jpg

Solid melancholic black metal, with perfect amount of keys, ambient passages (Simulacrum of Mirrors), rhythmic mid paced guitar riffs, and fucking sick vocals. His least aggressive album imo, especially when compared to his newest, but still solid nonetheless.

Big fan of that Chaos Moon album..didnt dig their other release as much though, see they just released a new one last year too

Wow, I forgot that Apostle of Solitude even existed.

1403.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
154161.jpg

Very intrigued to give this one a spin soon.

Big fan of that Chaos Moon album..didnt dig their other release as much though, see they just released a new one last year too

Check out Resurrection Extract man, I think it his best effort.

Production is more polished, but it doesnt take away at all from its bleak atmosphere.