Albums currently kicking your ass

338681.jpg

These guys were just announced for Chicago's Ragnarokkr festival. I've heard them a few times but never really *got* it for whatever reason. I guess the mood wasn't there at the time. But Jesus, listening to this and seeing their live performance at Keep it True 2013 gives my panties all in a bundle. God damn, I love this.

338681.jpg

These guys were just announced for Chicago's Ragnarokkr festival. I've heard them a few times but never really *got* it for whatever reason. I guess the mood wasn't there at the time. But Jesus, listening to this and seeing their live performance at Keep it True 2013 gives my panties all in a bundle. God damn, I love this.

When is that fest? Might have to make my way there for that..

The vocalist is hilarious. He would talk to the crowd between songs and you couldn't understand a word he was saying. I think he had a bit too much whiskey that night coupled with a southern drawl.

I finally got hold of the new Symphony X album in its entirety and god damn is it awesome. What a turnaround from their last two.

I'll let ya know. The start of the fest is the day after finals according to our calendar, so i'll have to see when my exams are actually scheduled. Might be driving back to NY that time of the year too. Didn't Manilla Road play that fest a few times? Nice to have them back..

No, Manilla Road and Slough Feg are known to play Alehorn of Power fest that happens every couple of years. It's only a 1 night thing too.

Ragnarokkr has had stuff like Liege Lord, Ostrogoth, Riot, Attacker, and a slew of other bands.

I finally got hold of the new Symphony X album in its entirety and god damn is it awesome. What a turnaround from their last two.

Legend is one of their best songs period. I could definitely see it getting radio time back in the 80's or even 90's.

Problem is radio stations now are too busy replaying AC/DC and Guns N' Roses for the 1 millionth time. Or all of that Mumford and Sons BS. Or Justin Bieber clones... Or Avenged Sevenfold ripoff "modern rock" etc