Albums currently kicking your ass

Nokturnel's Nothing but Hatred >> anything Nocturnus did

Fans of crazy Hellwitch-y tech-y death/thrash would be wise to listen to that album btw

348k42b.jpg

The best US death metal album is a mediocre Coroner ripoff? Doubtful.
Mediocre? Listen, it's fine if you don't think it's the best. As someone who loves The Key, I certainly think there are a lot of albums that rival it (Nokturnal Mortum's albums being prime examples of that) but to call it "mediocre" is distilled, weapons-grade horseshit.

Reactions: CiG
The riffs are just bland. A third of the songs have that same old trad/USPM triplet rhythm, and most of them have very ordinary thrash riffing. Take away the (admittedly very cool) synths and the album has almost nothing. Droid Sector is the only song that sounds simultaneously original and good. There are countless less known tech-thrash albums that destroy it.

Mediocre? Listen, it's fine if you don't think it's the best. As someone who loves The Key, I certainly think there are a lot of albums that rival it (Nokturnal Mortum's albums being prime examples of that) but to call it "mediocre" is distilled, weapons-grade horseshit.

What an intolerant bigot you are. Am I doing progressivism right?

Deathcult - 5/10
Spheres - 6.5/10
Nespithe - 9/10

hqdefault.jpg

First listen, I listened to their album from the mid 90s once or twice and Ritually Abused dozens of times, but never checked this one out. Pretty damn spiffy so far, love these raspy zombie vox.