Albums currently kicking your ass

View attachment 8078
Mütiilation - Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
This is how you do depressive black metal the right way, or well, how you do black metal the right way. Total fucking misery. Best band from France.

Love this album. Those vocals are fucking insane. I'm not sure I'd call them the best band from France though, never got into their material past the first 2.

Love this album. Those vocals are fucking insane. I'm not sure I'd call them the best band from France though, never got into their material past the first 2.
I agree on the newer material (even though Destroy Your Life For Satan is a classic ;) ) Vampires and Remains are top 1 and top 2 albums from France so I don't see any band topping them really.

a0285668854_16.jpg

For fans of Ne Obliviscaris

Reactions: Dak and The Ozzman
i hesitantly wanna suggest that 'city slang' is as good as anything by any of those bands. in a just world it'd be every bit as revered as, say, 'i wanna be your dog'.

I actually agree, Morgan and Fred's dual guitars, Scott's drums... a true monster slab of frenetic, high octane Detroit rock and roll. Too bad they never got as big, cause man did they deserve it.

ScorpionsTakenByForce.jpg

Anyone else prefer it when Roth was in Scorpions?
Oh jeeze, now that's a brutal decision. Roth is the better guitarist, and I worship his string work to this day, but at the same time I think he had a point about not being able to quite fit the commercial hard rock the band wanted to go for. He's just too advanced. And I wouldn't want to stop anything like Blackout or Love At First Sting, cause those albums slay.

I agree on the newer material (even though Destroy Your Life For Satan is a classic ;) ) Vampires and Remains are top 1 and top 2 albums from France so I don't see any band topping them really.

Deathspell Omega, obviously. Far more consistent band. But either one is a fine pick. Remains and Vampires are on par with the best Norwegian releases as are in the absolute top echelon of black metal.

Deathcult 9/10
Spheres 6.5/10
Nespithe 8.5/10

To elaborate, Left Hand Path is an interesting album to listen to intellectually. The musicianship and songwriting is engaging. However, it has rather moderate emotive and atmospheric dimensions. It doesn't really resonate beyond the surface. Death metal is best when it is overwhelmingly intense (Cryptopsy, Incantation), emotive and/or primal (Dismember, Demigod), or alien and weird sounding (Demilich). Left Hand Path is none of those things. Thus, it feels effective but not meaningful.

Left Hand Path is more on the ugly, disgusting, horrific side of death metal. The side I give a fuck about the most.

Yes but we don't like pleb shit

Don't you listen to some fucking new age heavy metal whaterthefuck like Devildriver?

590357.jpg

The Manilla Road is REAL STRONG with these fucks. The production is real rough as well. Definitely not for everyone but if you dig epic metal and don't mind some strange production and cheese vocals this is for you. If you dig Ironsword, Wrathblade, etc you should like this. @Elric of Melniboné

Bitch ass ho didn't I recommend this to you some months back?

Anyway fuck yeah great band. Everybody should check out his old band called Defeat, more along the lines of Graveland worship/black metal + dungeon synth shit.