Albums currently kicking your ass

695929.jpg

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Mephisto's S/T might have been my favorite first-listen experience of any album. I got into them before I had even listened to their likely influences (e.g. Angel Witch) or better bands like Adramelch, but that was my first time hearing an album with such an obscure, fantastical quality and it totally blew me away. Didn't quite hold up with repeated listens but still a sentimental fave, and the title track is still a perfect 10/10 song.

yuss, messy band overall but the title track was instant love for me too.

^ Possibly their best.

2116.jpg

I used to find her voice a bit grating/unfitting but it's adorable to me now. <3 Overlooked in the tech-thrash pantheon, some really out-there riffing and the rhythms are diverse, solos have that an almost cartoonish mad-robot playfulness to them, and a bit of classic Rage-esque speed/power shows up in some of the hooks.

Last edited:
well for me it's Testimony of The Ancients. It sounds more progressed and polished in some minds but I think the song structures are the best (on a more technical view) But i can agree that this the first is one of Pestilence's best albums. Their newer stuff i find disgusting.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
R-2630584-1294086849.jpeg.jpg

Forest - Like a Blaze Above the Ashes

Utterly transporting.

I'm actually not all that familiar with the Russian black metal scene outside of Branikald, Nav, Old Wainds and this. Anyone care to give recommendations?