Albums currently kicking your ass

a3917126007_10.jpg

Klabautamann

Gave it a listen. Not bad, but it seems to jump rather sharply between Folk and Black moments. I think I prefer a much more... melded sound especially between these two genres. Not a direct criticism to the album though, does a good job for the stark contrast style.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Gave it a listen. Not bad, but it seems to jump rather sharply between Folk and Black moments. I think I prefer a much more... melded sound especially between these two genres. Not a direct criticism to the album though, does a good job for the stark contrast style.

A lot of the time I prefer the blend of the two genres you speak of, but sometimes I enjoy a more abrasive approach like this.

Half way through this one and wow... It's much, much more 'dark folk' than 'metal' but bears mentioning since they're a metal band. It's definitely an acoustic guitar driven release but unlike a lot of the style it's much more than stale guitar noodling. The drums are a lot higher in the mix giving the mix a lot more depth (closer to the Wardruna/Heilung in "thickness") but they're definitely sticking to more English or Celtic inspired melodies, which is a nice change of pace compared to the darker Nordic sound or excessively bright/lively Celtic folk vibe you're probably used to hearing if you're into European inspired folk music.

a3264892809_10.jpg

deathwitch.jpg

Deathwitch. Nasty old black/thrash from the 90s.

This is one of the many albums I've recently bought from Elegy records after paypal shut him down for carrying nsbm and he decided to close his shop. Tons of badass stuff for ~$4 each.

View attachment 17104

Deathwitch. Nasty old black/thrash from the 90s.

This is one of the many albums I've recently bought from Elegy records after paypal shut him down for carrying nsbm and he decided to close his shop. Tons of badass stuff for ~$4 each.
just checked that on youtube and holy shit was it good. Right up my alley. I'm trying to go to the elegy site but im getting a "secure connection failed" message. :bah:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity