Albums currently kicking your ass

I remember when Deicide broke and mags like Kerrang and Metal Hammer claimed Glen Benton was the devil reincarnate and that everything he did and sung about was beyond what other bands at the time were doing. Slightly earlier than that they were going on about Glen Danzig being the devil but Glen B took over because he was even more evil than that.

Reactions: CiG
16092.jpg

Reactions: CiG
I remember when Deicide broke and mags like Kerrang and Metal Hammer claimed Glen Benton was the devil reincarnate and that everything he did and sung about was beyond what other bands at the time were doing. Slightly earlier than that they were going on about Glen Danzig being the devil but Glen B took over because he was even more evil than that.

Nah, Danzig is way more evil than Benton. Danzig is basically evil Elvis.

I think the term you are looking for is "turned to shit and disappeared up their own arses". Their effort this year was probably the best effort in years but it was still far from their best effort. But honestly what great band doesn't have two reasonable albums and 10 shit albums in their repertoire?

No, they definitely mysteriously disappeared from existence.

But nah, their 3rd album is okay, but not something I ever listen to and everything else I have heard is crap. And the first 2 Deicide are far beyond "reasonable", they're fucking great.

I now have an urge to rank them against the other Floridian giants, counting first 2 albums only it goes like this:

Blessed are the Sick > Altars of Madness > Legion > Deicide = Leprosy > Scream Bloody Gore = Cause of Death > Slowly We Rot.

All of the above are at least good albums, with the worst still being a 7.5/10.

Reactions: jimmy101
Nah, Danzig is way more evil than Benton. Danzig is basically evil Elvis.

He might look like an evil Elvis but his actual evilness is questionable. He puts stipulations on his shows (maybe not all of them) that there are to be no camera phones so that's not evil, that a fucking blessing!

No, they definitely mysteriously disappeared from existence.

There was nothing mysterious about it, they disappeared up Glen Bentons arse and only poked their heads out to release albums every now and again.

But nah, their 3rd album is okay, but not something I ever listen to and everything else I have heard is crap.

4th is way better than the 3rd.

I actually didn't mind it myself. No where near their best offering but still okay in patches.

The drumming is so utterly terrible it completely puts me off.

Blessed are the Sick > Altars of Madness > Legion > Deicide = Leprosy > Scream Bloody Gore = Cause of Death > Slowly We Rot.

let me fix this for you ....

Altars of Madness = Leprosy > Scream Bloody Gore > Blessed are the Sick > Slowly We Rot >> Cause of Death >>>>>>>> Deicide > Legion

Those two deicide albums are not even in the same league as the other albums mentioned there.

Leprosy > Altars of Madness

Yeah it's not even close for me, Leprosy is an 8.5/10, Altars of Madness is a 10/10.

What about Abominations vs Leprosy?

let me fix this for you ....

Altars of Madness = Leprosy > Scream Bloody Gore > Blessed are the Sick > Slowly We Rot >> Cause of Death >>>>>>>> Deicide > Legion

Those two deicide albums are not even in the same league as the other albums mentioned there.

You know, Crimsonfloyd would come in and say it's the 2 Morbid Angel albums that are not in the same league, although I am not sure on his feelings on Obituary. I know he's a big fan of Death and Deicide though and is always shitting on MA.

He might look like an evil Elvis but his actual evilness is questionable. He puts stipulations on his shows (maybe not all of them) that there are to be no camera phones so that's not evil, that a fucking blessing!

Pretty sure Danzig is more of a legit Satanist than Benton. The Hoffman brothers have gone on record saying that Benton's "Satanism" was more of a front than anything.

Blessed are the Sick > Altars of Madness > Leprosy > Scream Bloody Gore > Deicide > Legion > Cause of Death > Slowly We Rot.

Reactions: Phylactery
I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't believe Covenant stacks up to MA's first two albums.

Pretty sure Danzig is more of a legit Satanist than Benton. The Hoffman brothers have gone on record saying that Benton's "Satanism" was more of a front than anything.

And you don't think Danzig's is a front too? He might own a collection of books and videos which he used to say guided him somewhere, but he also lives like a pig in shit according the some of the websites a few years ago and he's a fucking mouth piece. I don't mind some of Danzig's music and I used to watch his videos where he talks about the lost books of the bible but it's hardly evidence he's more than an act as opposed to someone who is well read.