Albums currently kicking your ass

R-6658115-1453027529-3611.jpeg.jpg

R-2039810-1541434429-9897.jpeg.jpg

I'm becoming a shill at this point but you guys should check out (if you have already apologies) Asphodelus! Along with that new Ataraxy album they're one of the few bands trying to recreate that old death/doom sound, but without turning it into embarrassing gothic metal. Think old Katatonia and My Dying Bride.

They have a debut full length coming out soon:

Really enjoyed that one as well!

Reactions: CiG
upload_2019-1-31_18-49-46.jpeg

Vargrav - Netherstorm

This has just continually grown on me. Expertly crafted symphonic black metal that doesn’t forget the riffs. Don’t know of many bands doing this style recently. Takes far more cues from early Emperor than Dimmu Borgir or Old Man’s Child thankfully.

View attachment 18375

Vargrav - Netherstorm

This has just continually grown on me. Expertly crafted symphonic black metal that doesn’t forget the riffs. Don’t know of many bands doing this style recently. Takes far more cues from early Emperor than Dimmu Borgir or Old Man’s Child thankfully.

I guess they’re recording the follow up now.

Also, don’t even like Born of the Flickering?

Random YouTube recommendation and it's actually pretty good, one song deep at least

EDIT: Guitarwork is consistently well-above the new thrash average and the vocalist has some character, shame the drumming is really bland. Chronosphere fans will probably dig this.

Last edited:
Folder.jpg

This album should have been released in 1997 when it was recorded and ready but the band split up and the album was delayed for release until 2001. In talks with a custom patch company right now and this album logo is one I'll be commissioning. Infinitely interesting album to me, can't get enough.